Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm not really putting things off.... hahaha....

Eric apologized for being late, but I expected it. We mainly talked about shenanigans, hockey, installing Windows 7, CAPRICA, theme songs, Mr. Creep, being 35 minutes late or so, food, and other stuff on the way over. My assumption that he wanted to go home for lunch was indeed correct - I just don't want to spend more money! When we got to the church, he waited for me as I crossed the street (said hi to Jeff) since I was slower, so I did the same while he dropped some stuff off in the kitchen. He was surprised that I hadn't gone in yet, but I didn't want to look like a loner, haha.

Some guest speaker (I think he's affiliated with Trinity somehow) was talking about a pit when we came in and sat by Dave. I tried to focus on the "love and forgiveness" aspect of the message, but kept getting distracted by his mispronunciation of "Joseph." Who pronounces that with a Z sound instead of an S sound?! When he said that we'd continue talking about Genesis 39-41 next week, all I could think was "PLEASE don't say that name too much then, sir... ugh. It just makes me cringe!" Waved to little Mattias, said hi to Frances and Denise, and glanced at baby Isaac (who REALLY looks like Mel!) before he got very unhappy because the worship music (which had a lullaby element) stopped suddenly. You could tell that this was a baby which was less than content since he started screeching! I noticed that people from the next section over (Jon / Christon / Jeremy / Harmony) were laughing about it, haha.

After service, Eric asked Dave if he wanted his bulletin - he didn't hear, so I hailed him. "Les!" he replied - always a good thing to see his smile, haha. Hasn't called me that for a bit, either! I smelled coffee in the fellowship hall, but it was unfortunate that I saw Mr. Creep at the coffee dispenser. UGH! I was GOING to put my stuff on that side of the room like usual, but had to go across the room so I could have peace. Contented myself with some grapes, talking to Andrew about his term paper (85% is GOOD considering the quick research on fetal alcohol syndrome!), discussing the diarrhea stuff with Adam, saying hi to Vivian / Lawrence / Hien, and offering dark chocolate eggs to Harmony / Wesley / Dave. Wesley says he ate a regular pack of those, and was sick of them... understandable! Dave said stuff about BMX later - cool for him, but not for me!

Steph came in later, and tried being affectionate in front of her friends Ceci and Angela. They're in town for a week, and Angela is pregnant - she's due in August. When Steph wondered if I'd go to lunch with them or show up at dinner tomorrow, my answer was quick and to the point: NO! She thought I was being bad, but hey... I prefer my sanity and safety in not being around fake nice people like our mother! (of course, I didn't explain this) Went outside to say hey to Richie - said hi to Connie and Auntie Esther too. Offered a grape to Mattias, but his mom Karen said that he has to be careful not to swallow it whole! Oh yes, those aren't toddler-friendly... but I know him and liking food!

Told Andrea of my Awana-related concerns about her wedding banquet. She now says that Eric is going, and Auntie Rebecca / Chrystal / Emily are too! (but Melia isn't) Should be okay, then! Finally got some coffee when enough other people used the dispenser - no contact for me! Saw Allison eating some Smartfood popcorn when I finally went upstairs - I remember that stuff! The kids in the toddler Sunday School class (Amanda / Harrison / Amos / Ramen / Shira / Conor / Esther) were busy drawing, playing with toys, and talking. Conor pretended I was a road: "Trucking... oops, the truckie fell down!" Hahaha, cute! Amanda said she was drawing cards for her sister - and Esther drew random things.

Auntie Ying wanted me to NOT stick the stickers on the homework, so to avoid yelling at people, I moved so she wouldn't bug me. When I got home at 1:40, I finished tearing stuff from the workbook - and decided not to punch things out since I suck at it! Gotta love executive decisions, haha. *wink* I showed the kids a pencil sharpener, and then attempted to tell them about plants. They loved the broccoli tree on the teaching aid, haha. I didn't mind if Conor wanted to hold it, since he's cute! At the end, a bunch of parents thanked me, so that was fine. Picked up a bunch of stuff that Amanda had forgotten, and gave it to her downstairs.

I noticed Dave looking around for people upstairs again, so said hi. He said he was looking for Josiah, and wondered if there were any more "fellowships" (Sunday School classes) upstairs - it seemed they were all over by then. Josiah was nowhere to be seen when we got downstairs, and I assumed Eric was still with the food class. We moved to the foyer, but of course that was where my mom saw me. I kept my answers to her as short as possible - no, I wasn't going to explain my feelings to her in front of 100 people, OR in front of Dave! Harrison bumped my knapsack and said hi - cute kid, I guess. When I asked Dave what his plans were later, he was joking: "Cannibalism - you and me!"

Dianne and Wesley came up to us later, and wondered if we wanted to go for lunch. I said that I was waiting for Eric, and then we'd probably go home. ("Hawkers... MARINE DRIVE IS FAR!") We went into the fellowship hall when that Sunday School class was done, and Dave figured that he might see what his parents were up to if nobody wanted to go eat. In order to give him some privacy, I wandered across the room, then out of there. While Jon, Jeremy, and I were talking about the conditions of chicken coops / BARAKA / debeaking / fighting, I said hi to Grandma. Steph said that Grandma wanted me and Jon at lunch with Ceci and Angela - I wasn't going even if Jon and Harmony would be there, since I'd have to be in the car with my mother afterwards! (that's why I say hi to her at church) But I didn't say that, instead confining myself to the "dinner!" excuse, haha. Jon and Jeremy had a field day with that, unfortunately.

Andrea talked to Eric about her wedding invitation, and about the steel-based / blue-collar economy in Hamilton with Jeremy. Eric said that the wedding website had an overflow error when he tried to RSVP - oops. When we finally left, we talked about mice / avoiding Mom / rental market / Raymond going to the airport / waving at Randal / Mr. Creep / bad thoughts controlling my mind / playoff games / forgetting stuff as regards Ivan, Dylan, and Richie / putting things off / 80s FRINGE music / blogging / names / Joe Yu's wedding invite. Interesting times, indeed! I also told him that I was epically awesome, and that was what made these rides so cool. He said that it was instead an epic fail - YOU WISH! "Epic fail" only applies to when I try slamming your car doors, buddy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home