Monday, April 12, 2010

CL, cardboard boxes at a store, Conor underground for ten years, Rick the Temp on TV

Had a dream where Jon, Christon, Jeremy, Dave Wong, and others came to rescue me from a very angry person who was not impressed that I'd punched her in the face a number of times. We went shopping at a store which even had an aisle for cardboard boxes and things like that - Dave just was generally affectionate, which was fine. Christon was wearing a blue sweater, and Dave was wearing a blue-and-yellow one... we eventually picked up some cheese at this Superstore-like warehouse, and were ready to go do something with it. However, Sean and Conor's mom Pauline came up to me and asked if we could help keep an eye on some kids at a combination pool and playground. After putting the cheese in a nearby fridge, we set off for the play palace.

There was a sign warning that the decibel level would be pretty loud, and it was true advertising. Lots of kids were on waterslides and regular playground equipment. After a while, Pauline yelled for her children (to be heard above the noise), calling them by their unique last name. Sean came when called, but Conor was lost in the mass of little ones. We tried finding him to no avail. Turns out he had gone underground through a secret entrance, and wouldn't emerge for about ten years! Every day, his family went back to this place, calling his name - they figured he had gone underground after some advice from a psychic. She assured them that he was getting adequate food from a secret source, and would come back up when he was ready. He just wanted to explore stuff in a safe manner, and didn't hate his family.

One night ten years later, my dad and I were at the site, which was still being used as a rather high-traffic playground and pool. Conor emerged from underground - he had long curly hair by this time, but still had a baby face. He ran in my direction, so of course I hugged him. His parents and brother (who also had long hair and a baby face) showed up after I called them, and they were jubilant to have this reunion. My dad called someone on a cell phone, and then we followed a tow truck with cars on the back already - my sister wanted us to do so, apparently. After that, I went with Conor's family to watch weird countdowns on MuchMusic, featuring Rick the Temp.

Possible triggers, which I think cover it pretty well:

* always having to yell to be heard above the noise of the kids at Awana if I want to talk to Chrystal during Game Time
* seeing Conor's family on Saturday and Sunday (but that happens all the time)
* seeing Jon / Christon / Jeremy / Dave yesterday (but that also happens all the time)
* seeing a little playground on the way to Alan and Tracy's party room yesterday
* the PSYCHIC DETECTIVES show that I've been watching lately
* being at Superstore to get Subway and various things
* seeing Rick the Temp (who used to be on MuchMusic!) on ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT
* my feelings toward my mother
* Eric wondering whether the mice had a food source here (they MUST, but it's not like I leave food lying around on the floor!)
* Christon's bringing cheese to yesterday's party


Got two more replies to my CL ad: one was just "Yes... I still have the lovely home for rent... do you still need it?" I won't bother with that one. The other was a bit more detailed: "Hello
I have a house at No2 Rd Richmond.There is a master bedroom upstairs for rent.Monthly rent is $600.00,includes utilities(electricity,water,heat,TV cable,wireless internet and laundary,very close to bus stop and shopping.It you are interesting,please contact me. Thanks, Luke" Definitely could use a space bar there, but I'm not going to be picky about that for now!



Your Cowgirl Name is Mary-Ruth Delta



Yee-Haw!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home