Monday, February 08, 2010

Veronica on Skytrain / Lougheed Mall Walmart / Deep-fried cheesecake / Notebook disappointment

This morning, I really didn't feel like getting out of bed when I heard my alarm... in fact, I stayed there for 20 minutes listening to the radio. Auntie Ying called me at 10:40 to see if I felt like going to Chinatown; not really. Going to Lougheed Mall was kinda uneventful - I just missed the 410 (dammit), so took the Canada Line instead. From Waterfront, I took the wrong Skytrain line (so confusing!), but did see Eric's mom Veronica. She was showing a couple of Olympics people around, and introduced me using my sister's name - of course, I had to correct her! Talked about Steph, my parents, and other things before I got off at Commercial to change trains. Then I could finally be free to think!

Turned out I was late, but it was fine by Auntie Ying! We checked out Coles (where I bought three notebooks, one with a unicorn) / Walmart (evil, I know - I did buy sweatpants) / Sears Outlet / the food court. Auntie Ying was up for buying me lunch, and I had to try some deep-fried cheesecake: it was creamy and not TOO sweet. Talked about Winnie N. and her parents, emotional difficulties, Chrystal being angry at her family / wasting a lot of food by binging and not eating proper meals, Auntie Susan / Karen Grace, Phil, Grace, Mike, Emily, Melia, not having FUN by celebrating anniversaries and such, her lack of computer knowledge, Buddhism, and more.

It's not like you can wave a magic wand over people, and they won't have disorders anymore! Discovered redrum had started, but thank goodness I was prepared! She talked so much that I was literally unable to finish a thought in my head - yikes! But I did learn that she is going to China in September to see her mom and sisters in her home village - should be interesting! After that, I thanked her for lunch - I tried on a coat which seemed as long as I was tall. Then she conveyed some appreciation for relieving her of her teaching stress, and praised me for the disciplinary methods I used with the kids - she likes how Rachel's grandma has a heart for the children, too.

Later, I went to Richmond Centre since I decided to bite the cost for the alterations, and I knew there would be an alteration shop near Sears. Stopped for a mango bubble tea at Tazza first. Went into Sears and Coast Mountain Sports, but they didn't have inexpensive jackets with fake fur on the hoods. It wasn't waterproof or water-resistant, according to a worker... okay, maybe I can stop being jealous now. Used the Sears dressing room to determine how long the Walmart pants really were - the workers don't bother you there, but I took in a random sweater just as camoflauge, haha. It's not like there are security video cameras recording EVERYTHING... probably? Besides, I go there ALL THE TIME, so it would NOT be a good thing to do illegal stuff in there.

Turned out the pants could be done by Saturday - maybe I'll pick it up on Monday or something. Went to Ardene, and bought two hats for $15 - lavender and yellow work for me! (I hate my current pink one because of the color, so threw it out when I got home) While walking to the Canada Line, Paula Bednjak recognized me - not hard to do. But she had an obvious fake tan, PINK lipstick, and had really changed since fifteen years ago! She says she's still friends with Ashley Garrison, who's waitressing somewhere... cool.

Got home and discovered that the binding on one of the notebooks REALLY sucks - it was a package deal, so I couldn't see it beforehand. Harmony's seems to be okay, though I'm not tearing the inside pages to find out! I'm keeping the unicorn one, and then maybe giving the one with the sucky binding to a little girl, who won't really care about that kind of thing. Going to the local Coles tomorrow to get a replacement for the fuzzy notebook - SO MUCH MONEY SPENT, OH MY! Mom did send us a reply back to what I said, but I'm not reading that - I think I just got disowned.... :(




You Are Somewhat Competitive



Like most people, you feel like a little healthy competition is good for you sometimes. You like to be motivated.

And no matter whether you win or lose, you are a good sport. You take competition seriously, but not too seriously.



You know that you have to compete to win, but sometimes you don't feel like competing - and that's okay.

Just the fact that you are willing to compete puts you ahead of 99% of all people.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home