Sunday, February 14, 2010

Three birthdays coming up next week in toddler Sunday School, oh my!

Gave Grandma a Chinese New Year card - she wondered who had written in English. Your grandchildren and granddaughter-in-law, who else?! I guess she was okay with it, haha. Got into church, and saw Flora's kids Eunice and Isaac in their brand-new clothes for Chinese New Year - they looked cute! Isaac said hi as he got a cute red envelope with a Mickey Mouse design, and Eunice wished me a Happy New Year. Of course, I greeted her back with "Happy Chinese New Year," haha. I was going to sit in my usual seat (near Eric / Jeremy / Cindy / Melia / Christon - Joe and Jeannie's wedding invitations are NOT the 2009 tax receipts!), but saw Dave all the way across the room.

On the pretext of talking to Karmie and Noah about the O Zone, I decided to see if it was indeed he - it was, so after talking about the outdoor ice rink / free concerts / other stuff, I moved myself over there instead. I'm sure Jeremy and Christon might have wondered what was up, but I'm equally certain this will lead to teasing on Eric's part later this week if he saw where I was going! OH NO, haha. Then Dad wanted me to give tax receipts to Calla and Lesley, so I told Noah that my dad asks me to do things for him too - accomplished during "handshaking time," thank you very much! Dave commented that he had cold hands (from cycling over), but that was perfectly understandable! Noticed that Dave seemed to breathe and sigh a lot - maybe it's just him, but it was still cool even if he did call me an instigator of some sort. (thought he'd be wearing his tiger shirt since the year of the Metal Tiger starts today, but I guess not - too cold still!) I just had to be careful not to look to the back of the room because Mr. Creep was in the very back row. (Uncle Peter and Chrystal don't know what they're dealing with, since they talked to him for a bit!)

Turned out that it was a good thing I moved, since Dave had to go back home afterwards - no lunch this week, but it's hardly surprising with Chinese New Year and all. Saw Karen and Lincoln, so wished Lincoln a happy birthday - he was impressed, haha. Talked to Chrystal, William (the Olympics), Joey (as a volunteer, he was backstage at the opening ceremonies), Sarah (Joey had found her eventually), Emily Lam (Jordan had made a card for Alan... hahaha), Jeremy (coffee and work!), Hien (the whole BS drama with Kenny - I have no reason NOT to believe him!), Cordia (mouse costumes!), Quan (downtown on the Olympics and Wayne Gretzky), and more people. Was surprised to see Steph (she was between shifts), but she invited me to a get-together on Saturday - should be good times, and Melia could give me a ride too. I'll give her the birthday gift tomorrow and Chantal's thing on Saturday or something - at least, not in front of the parents, haha.

Jon and Harmony had seen the Wilco show last night, so we compared notes on that and the Bedouin Soundclash show. They'd gone to Steamworks afterwards for a drink, and it had been PACKED! Steph was shocked when she heard that their bill had an automatic 18% gratuity - YIKES! Saw Auntie Catherine and her grandson Mattias, so said hi to them. I definitely didn't want any pre-moistened Cheerios, man! Auntie Catherine asked me whether the top fit me; awkward moment averted, as I told her that she'd given me a fringed scarf instead of a short-sleeved sweater! I'll just give it back to her next week, and find another bag for Conor's birthday gift! Saw Sam, who apparently was trying to make it look like he had accidentally stuck a drumstick up his nose, hahaha.

I saw little Allison later, and she gave me a high-five after letting me look at her cookies. After talking to Deb about the violent Olympic protesters yesterday (we'd both be behind peaceful protesters, or will enjoy what we can now the event is here), I went upstairs to toddler Sunday School. I was happy to see the twins and Amanda there, as it meant that I could offload four Ziploc bags of Valentine's Day candy! (one was for Amanda's older sister Hannah) Auntie Bessy was there too, which is fine - I wasn't TOO nervous when telling the kids a Bible story, haha. Harrison asked why my yellow hat had buttons on it, and seemed to be of the opinion that only shirts had buttons - no, kid, they make pants / hats / other things with buttons too!

Conor told me that a pink felt was running out of ink - it'll do that if you use it to color in a rather large heart on a drawing for your mom about how much you love her, yes! I asked Linda when the twins' birthday was, as I thought it was coming up - she FINALLY seemed to understand me after a few months, and said that it was actually next Monday - the day after Harrison's! Guess that means I could be buying planes / Transformers (one for Amos too) / DORA books this week! Auntie Ying forgot about paying me back for the Valentine's Day stuff, but I'll remind her on Thursday maybe... or even tomorrow since it's her day off. Or maybe she didn't want to do that in front of Auntie Bessy, who hugged me and thanked me for teaching the kids - she did give me some feedback like continuing the story instead of giving into the rowdy interruptions. I'll keep that in mind, haha.

Went downstairs to interact with baby Mattias some more - he's so cute, and seemed to be having fun with a shiny pink scrunched-up candy wrapper! I guess it's like a really tiny ball to him, heh. After a bit of that, Dad said we were going to the old Green Village with Alan since Polly was at the Mozart GLORIA practice - so after collecting Mom, we left. First time ever that we had a table right away after arriving at the restaurant, too! Discussed Jordan, Eric Ma not being impressed with Awana lantern crafts, the O Zone (which Alan, Polly, and my parents have gone to check out), the busy crowded downtown, and more. Since they're having dinner tonight at Top Gun, I might as well join them since I couldn't make it for dinner tomorrow. It appears that Mom is fine with my not doing anything for them on the 18th, but I could speak too soon again, so I'll reserve any final declarations on that till later. When I got to the townhouse, the Internet almost gave me a heart attack by not working for a while JUST when I needed to update and get all this stuff out of my head!

Mom, on the Broadway / Commercial Skytrain: "Oh, did I tell you? I had an EPISODE yesterday! I took the wrong Skytrain with your grandma, and went all the way to Burnaby! But it was WORTHWHILE because we were on there for over two hours, and spent only $1.75! They should only have one line there, since it'll be less confusing!" HAHAHAHAHA, so Asian! Steph and I both told her separately that they had signs, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home