Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bedouin Soundclash / Romantic novelties / Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day

新年快乐!

GUUNG HEY FAT CHOY! HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!


Happy Valentine's Day, I guess... just avoid the smoopy-poopy! :P


After seeing Jennifer Heil win silver, and hearing about the Dutch Olympic skating record at the Oval, I decided to go to the Bedouin Soundclash concert tonight. It's free, ten minutes' walking distance from my house, and they already played at the Ontario Pavilion. Passed security very easily because I was wearing nothing over my clothes but my Regina coat. Hey Ocean were JUST finishing up, and it wasn't terribly crowded. Reggae-pop is interesting, although I felt like I could be getting a contact high from the three marijuana joints I smelled during the show! Was also about three people away from a bodysurfing guy, and stuck near a group of about eight people who seemed to be having fun with digicams and a Canada flag. We all sang the national anthem and STAND BY ME, haha - it was fun despite the light rain, and I got home by 11! Apparently, they'll have "the world's biggest dragon" down there tomorrow, haha.

Trivia fact for Sunday, Feb. 14: What romantic novelty did hotel owner Morris Wilkins introduce at the "honeymooners only" resort he opened in the Pocono Mountains in 1958? The heart-shaped bathtub. Wilkins invented the tub for his Cove Haven resort in Lakeville, Pennsylvania.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home