Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dream of Scott, Billie, Henry, gross worms, old princesses hanging, and more!

This thing just restarted! Thank goodness it didn't do that when I was in the middle of copying all the O-Zone shows for Kelli (neonrose5) to see!

Fri Feb 12th - Venice Queen - 10:15 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 13th - Matthew David - 3:15 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 13th - Hey Ocean - 8:00 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 13th - Bedouin Soundclash - 9:30 @ Ozone
Wed Feb 17th - Hawksley Workman - 9:30 @ Ozone
Thur Feb 18th - The Arkells - 8:30 @ Ozone
Thur Feb 18th - Our Lady Peace - 9:45 @ Ozone
Fri Feb 19th - DRUM! - 8:00 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 20th - Rally Car - 3:00 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 20th - Marianas Trench - 9:30 @ Ozone
Thur Feb 25th - Wintersleep - 9:30 @ Ozone
Fri Feb 26th - Tokyo Police Club - 9:45 @ Ozone
Sat Feb 27th - The Stills - 10:15 @ Ozone
Sun Feb 28th - Five Alarm Funk - 9:30 @ Ozone

The shows on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons conflict with my existing plans - as well as the Feb. 13 one, but I'll probably go to most of the other ones just because I can walk there. NO TRANSIT NEEDED - WHEE! SO EXCITED!

I dreamed that I was on my old street, and saw Scott M. in the icy Rosehill neighborhood. We said hi, and helped each other get around. My destination was the library, where I decided to use the computers. While I was drafting an email, I saw both Billie and Candace on Gmail chat - of course, we talked for a bit. After that, I went to the grocery store - I saw Henry, who requested my help in dealing with some (mandarin) oranges in a box with the usual green wrap around it. The oranges LOOKED okay, and I told him this. He told me to carefully hold one upside down; I saw a WORM coming out of it! Not just any worm, either - this one was all slimy, EWWWWW! No wonder the box had a label reading "HANDICAPPED WORMS" taped to the outside! Henry and I handled several more of the oranges before deciding this gig was NOT for us... the worms figured out how to get out of the box and onto the floor, too! It wasn't long before the floor was one gigantic sticky mess, but Henry and I managed to get out using other things we indiscriminately threw on the floor for cover... we didn't care about damage at that point!

After we got out of there, we were reading stories in magazines. Henry's featured one about a scandal in old-time police days, where someone made the officers (in top hats, and driving 1940s cars) feel very uncomfortable. Male officers routinely bunked with female officers, and nobody really thought a thing about it until this one person came along and made everyone want to disregard the rules of the department about relationships. Finally, an edict came down from on high saying that nobody could do ANYTHING about it on the job OR in their cars. Of course, nobody said anything about the bunking practices that went on - but that was cut off right there, JUST IN CASE.

My story featured an old, once-popular princess. She had long scraggly grey hair, and had been sentenced to death via hanging. Some people just wanted to let her die naturally (she was 72 after all), but the majority opinion was that she should hang because she might still encourage people to be subversive. So one day, she DID hang... complete with trapdoor to receive the body after it had been cut down.

While we were discussing these stories with each other, my mom offered us these HUGE onion rings the size of a soup bowl or dinner plate! We were amazed at how huge they were, so took one each. She assured us that there were even bigger ones - when we saw the pictures, we were gobsmacked! Those were truly MASSIVE creations! Then she offered us a regular old dinner plate with some artwork on it - apparently, my dad had scratched it just a little. He'd been taking it to us from the park on Knight / 33rd (Kensington?), and the car had been slightly bumped by traffic. The artwork still looked fantastic, though - historical people just playing and going about their business in a market! The dream ended when we were just looking at this plate and eating orange / lemon Jello with the onion rings.

Not sure why I had this dream, but I wouldn't be surprised if my subconscious is just NOW processing my real-life consumption of (regular-size) onion rings on Jan. 28 at Dairy Queen! (now I've found a new love for those things...) Scott M. did add me on Facebook on February 3, too. I usually pass Kensington Park while going to church, as well. I just saw Billie for her birthday party in early January, talked to Candace via Facebook just a few days ago, and see Henry every Saturday at Awana. Haven't been eating oranges (with or without worms) or Jello lately - and I don't think I've seen fantastic dinner plates with artwork on them recently, either... but I am almost always composing "emails" (really LJ entry drafts, as Semagic doesn't seem to save drafts anymore for some reason) in a Gmail tab!




You Have an Adventurous Heart



You believe that love is anything you make of it. Love can be a game, a gamble, or a commitment.

You are brave about who you choose to love. You don't care if others don't understand your love, as long as you understand it.



Your heart is free and wild. You never know where your heart will take you, but you're willing to follow it anywhere.

Your love life is fun, unpredictable, and at times a bit heartbreaking. The adventure is worth the heartbreak, though!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home