Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Stupid fundraisers! / Mr. Big bars / Head tag change / Stethoscopes

Kevin forwarded me some email from Stanford about some Fellowship fundraiser. Jon is helping, and so is Dylan - and of course, they're going to make their wives help out as well. Gee, just ASK Deb and Harmony first! I know I'd be pissed off if made to help out... and I'm not inclined to help anyway because two perfidious blackguards are the other helpers. I want nothing to do with this enterprise. Petty, but that's what I do when certain people think I'm OBSESSED with them OR need help. The very nerve.

I asked Corey whether I'd sent him any Mr. Big bars last year, since a post reminded me of their existence. He took that the wrong way, and said that he wasn't into Mr. Big Balls - cheh! Once I checked my recap, I saw that I hadn't; guess he's getting a few for his birthday! Tomorrow, I'll go to London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart for sure.

To change the userinfo head tag thing: jillicons and Rosequoll (courtesy of ghost_light... thanks!)


Trivia fact for Tuesday, Feb. 2: How did necessity result in the invention of the stethoscope? French physician René-Théophile-Hyacinthe Laennec felt it was inappropriate for him to check the heartbeat of a young female patient by placing his ear against her chest. So he made a cylinder out of paper, and placed one end to her chest and one to his ear. He was amazed to find that the sound of her heartbeat was louder and clearer than it would have been had he pressed his ear directly to her chest.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home