Thursday, January 28, 2010

Your Monday conflicts are a GOOD thing! / Poison

I've had to take a shower and do laundry because of a certain reason - AIYA! Been exchanging emails with Steph today about tomorrow night; I've agreed to be at her place in the morning (sleeping over works for me) when Telus comes to install the Internet / TV hookup, because the earliest they can reschedule is her birthday! She said that she could pick me up at a Canada Line station, and figured that it would be easiest for me if they had somewhere I could wait if she gets off work later than 8.

With this in mind, I said Oakridge would be easy since the mall was open till 9 AND they had a parking lot she can use if need be. (trying to make things easier for her so she doesn't have to go all the way into Richmond) She said that maybe she should just pick me up at my place instead - more reliable in case she's late, in that she can call me if that happens. Fair enough! I'll let Eric know about it tomorrow by calling him at work, because I might not go back home only to go out again! Speaking of the Backwards Male, he just emailed the Committee to say that he had a conflict for every Monday from now till March 22. YES! I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO MY PARENTS' PLACE FOR AT LEAST THAT LONG! (at least, for JACK BAUER)

I had to reschedule my "phone date" with Auntie Ying, haha. She'd just gotten off the phone with Vania's mom, actually. Talked about Bible Study Fellowship (helps her grow), her eating as much as Uncle Peter, her busy life meeting people in Richmond three times already this week, my "good" family life, time with Grandma and my sister, Grace and noodles, Auntie Stella and Uncle John, the kids' birthday presents (I'll give the real crayons to Conor too), Jeremy and his Kelowna parents, Nathan and the UK, prayer, Sunday Dinners (Christon's salt / sugar mistake), the lesson this week (Satan tempts Jesus in the desert!), and more. She thinks I'm becoming more clear each week - she can tell that I do some preparation. Well, if you count reading stuff during Sunday's sermons as prep, then I guess so! The Cubbies room is good for the kids - lots more room to play and such! Always good talking to her!


Trivia fact for Thursday, Jan. 28: According to Greek mythology, what creature was the source of the poison that killed Odysseus? A stingray. Odysseus' son, Telegonus, while searching for his father in Ithaca, unwittingly killed him with a spear tipped with the venomous spine of a stingray.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home