Sunday, January 24, 2010

I really need to quit declining these lunch invitations... Cookie Machine and Light Bulb Machine!

DAMMIT! This thing just restarted when I was about to leave! Thank goodness for Semagic and its quick editing!

When my dad picked me up this morning, I asked where Mom was - working, he said. Oh good, I could be a bit more relaxed! Said hi to Grandma, of course. Got to service, and gave little Nathan a giant candy cane while saying hi to Phil... playfully tapped Dave W. on the shoulder as I headed to my seat, too. Noticed Christon talking to Mr. Creep, who was sitting in the last row of the first section. He must have noticed little Victoria and her mom sitting in that section - yikes! Randal also greeted me with "Hi, neighbor" when we were directed to shake hands with others - I guess it's okay. (you can bet that I'll analyze those things with Eric later on, haha) Jeremy sat by me when he came in JUST at the start, and Christon sat by him - lucky Steph had a pew ALL TO HERSELF in front of us when she got in thirty seconds after we started. Told her that it was a good thing Mom was working, and she called me "bad" - hey, not being annoyed is a GOOD THING! Fell asleep for a few minutes during the sermon, after doing my hasty Sunday School prep, heh.

When Phil introduced Selwyn as our new part-time administrator, Steph and I had NO idea that Dad was transitioning to part-time work as the administrator! She and I just shrugged when Jeremy and Christon asked us about it, haha. Almost forgot the green bag with Jon and Harmony's stuff in it - when I went back to get it, I saw Jon, so told him to take it from the pew, haha. In the fellowship hall, I hailed Eric, and asked him if he were going to Sunday Dinner tonight - Dave W. came up (with his hands raised in the air) JUST as I gave his cooking as a reason why Diven should come, so I had to say "The reason why you hear your name is that I'm trying to convince Eric to come FOR SURE tonight as opposed to just MAYBE!" Eric asked what time the dinner was; when I said 6, he said he'd leave before 5:30 - as long as he gives me a call, this should be okay.

Talked to Harmony, Connie, Jen, Jon, Karen Lew, Lincoln, Hien, Andrea, Mary, Danielle, Andrew, Adam, Eunice, Lawrence, Emily C., Emily L., and others: safety doing SERVANTS in groups or in the house, not stealing drugs, hockey games, "hi," dinner, COFFEE, Minute Rice vs. Rooster Brand Chinese rice, gooey stuff, hanging out next week because of wedding planning stress (at least I'll have Monday to Thursday as pure downtime!), the old Green Village, Alan / Polly, and more. Uncle Peter reminded me to go upstairs and help Auntie Ying - I knew, but I didn't go right away because (as usual) I got distracted by the little kids! This week, it was Allison "making friends" with Mattias, who's ten months younger than she is. A bunch of people (including Eric / Anita / Steph / Mike / Julie / Karen I.) were encircling the toddlers, and Allison gave me a piece of Honeycomb cereal when I said hi to her... how cute!

Went upstairs to the Cubbies room for toddler Sunday School - lots more space for the kids to play! Said hi to Rachel's grandma, Auntie Ying, Conor, Amos, Esther, David, and Evelyn - the boys were playing with Transformers, and pretending things were machines. I read a couple of kiddy books to Esther; she said "yes" whenever I asked her if she liked something, heh. Thanks to Emily telling the Awana story yesterday (which has been the same as the Sunday School weekly story for a few weeks now), I knew what to say. Auntie Ying thought I was clear today - well, I guess that's good.

Had to jog Conor's memory about yesterday's story, but he remembered after all. My mini-stickers served as representations of their family after they drew in the tent on the Sunday School material. After that, I asked Conor and Amos whether they wanted to draw - once I'd located the paper inside a storage tub, they were good to go. They drew various silly machines: Chocolate Chip Cookie Machine, Fridge Machine, Light Bulb Machine, and more. Conor wanted me to label his, so of course I did! After Sunday School, I went downstairs to the fellowship hall - Dave invited me for a light lunch and then grocery shopping with Christon. I declined on the grounds of lunch with my grandma - I need to quit doing that, otherwise he'll think I don't want to have lunch with him and the usual group! Maybe next week, haha.

Steph had left before Sunday School to help someone move, so that was fine. Eric fielded a call from Jon and Harmony because his tire was flat - yikes! Good thing he had a spare! I told Christon that I'd see him tonight, and ignored Mr. Creep although he didn't say anything to me. As I told Eric on Friday, I'd prefer it if he didn't say anything at all - just pretend he doesn't exist, heh. I know Christon might have sympathy for people with slightly bashed-in noses or whatever, but seriously.

Sat down with a Bathroom Reader to wait for Dad to finish counting money - Catherine greeted me, and thanked me for the crayons and felts I'd given her girls. Hey, I know the girls' birthdays are coming up! She said she'd remember my birthday, so we'll see! Apparently, Hannah had thrown up in the washroom yesterday, and obviously didn't feel like coming to church today - oh no! Talked about my understanding / writing / reading Cantonese, the girls' Chinese school, and more. She then talked to Auntie Sarah about stuff; I greeted Priscilla and her dad Rick when they passed by at separate times. (and also Chung Yan and Mattias) Grandma was busy talking to someone who turned out to be Catherine's mother - NICE!

We finally left to go for a Mui's lunch at 1:45 - apparently, the Haiti relief donations made counting the money offering more complicated! In the car, Grandma randomly gave me a can of salmon which she apparently got from one of her friends - interesting! I asked Dad when he'd decided to go part-time: late last year, he said. On the way home, Dad asked about Sunday Dinner / Jeremy / Eric / the Olympics road closures / the Sunday School kids and their parents / all the stuff in my bags that I brought to church which IS needed despite what he thinks. When I finally got home, I called my brother and sister to say that I'd left church at 1:45 - way later than usual! Jon kinda reminded me about spending time with Grandma: sure, just give me some consecutive days of downtime FIRST! (even Thursday would be fine...) Planned to take a nap, but it's not possible now - oh well. Also talked to Kenny very briefly, and noticed that Dave had jokingly replied to my "I hate mornings" FB status message which was written right before I left for church. "You should be here (church) by now - wait a minute. I haven't even left the house yet! Hahahaha!" Yeah... I'll let you know when I can get to church from Richmond in six minutes, eh? Likely to be NEVER!!!! Eric just called, so YAY for getting things done in time!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home