Tuesday, January 19, 2010

White Spot has SLIDERS now?! / "Murderers steal your purse after they break into your car!"

This computer restarted JUST as I got home - CRUD! Was ten minutes late to meet Auntie Catherine at White Spot today, but that was fine. She offered to go to the Gloucester Café, but I preferred to stay in the mall. Her only caveat was that she had to eat soft things because her braces were sensitive: clam chowder for her (no Sliders, which I might try myself), and chicken pot pie with salad for me! We didn't talk about much (food / budgeting / grocery shopping / cooking / physio), but I did learn that baby Mattias' other grandparents live in Coquitlam - what a distance! I noticed a kid who looked about seven years old eating with his grandma - PIRATE PAK! Later, we walked around the mall for a few minutes, with a detour at the parkade where she figured that her small gift of a scarf would fit around my shoulders with her size estimation. She didn't really have to do that, but since I guess it was for my birthday, it was fine too.

After that, I went to Zellers to see if I could find felts / pencil crayons / crayons for Amanda / Hannah S. / Conor. I found 150 crayons in a wheel, 64 PipSqueak felts in a wheel, and 64 pencil crayons... however, I had to consider my budget and the fact that everyone's gift had to be comparable in size. 24 crayons, 20 PipSqueak felts (good for little hands), and 20 felts it was! Also was EPIC after I found some Vancouver 2010 red mittens and a leopard-print Snuggie, neither of which I could resist anymore. It's a good thing that it's January money and not February money! Saw some "step-on-me" garbage cans, but they were HUGE and cost $50. Maybe I can convince Barry to go to Superstore on Thursday...

As I made my way to the Canada Line platform at Oakridge, I heard an announcement: "An intrusion has been detected here. You are being recorded on CCTV." Hahaha! While I was waiting for the bus outside the Canada Line, I saw these adorable kids with their nannies. I tried minding my own business, but had to react when one of the boys said "I blew bubbles, and they're coming out my butt!" His brother told me that murderers steal purses after they break into your car... haha, so cute! They were about four and six years old, heh. Now I'm finally home (briefly talked to Kenny) - and have realized that if I go to Women's Group tomorrow, I'll have been out every day this week. Hopefully, I won't get sick again - although I don't think it'll happen. You never know!




You Are a Zebra



You are unique and flexible. There's no denying your individuality.

And while you are very original, you're also good at blending in. You strike a fine balance.



You are a fast thinker and you move with agility. You don't hesitate when action is required.

You put the needs of your clan or group first. You are attentive to your family and friends.

I do NOT move with agility!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home