Sunday, January 17, 2010

Disorders, cheering, felts vs. Transformers, attempted guilt trips, CAMERA, and more...

Hmm... I have about an hour to recap the past day or so before Steph and Christon pick me up to go to dinner before the 24 premiere thanks to Eric's taping! When I get home, I expect to have a new monitor. Haha, we shall see indeed!

Henry picked me up yesterday and asked what I thought about Helen's sharing the previous night. It was mostly fact-based, and he would have liked some more stories about the patients if she were able to share them. I agreed, to which he bumped my arm in appreciation (he was driving) and said that I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about! Of course! Got to the church and returned Catherine's "hi!" greeting. I like her daughters Hannah and Amanda, and they have birthdays two calendar days apart! Waved hi to Golden as I sat down at the secretary table, and helped Chrystal with the usual stuff.

Got to talk to her for five minutes while everyone was out of the room - going through her particular disorder is stressful. Right now, she is not getting along with her family because it seems every little thing they do or say annoys her to no end. Maybe she spends too much time with them - she thinks she may need to go out more, heh. She eats a lot of snacks (like nuts - so EASY to eat a lot, and personally addictive for her) and then doesn't like herself in the morning. While you could argue that of course she needs to eat more, I recognize that she's feeling emotional about this and hasn't had the best time of it lately. She said that she could vent to me about food and such because I'm a good listener (Anita said that I'm a good listener too) - of course, I try!

Chris said that he'd lose his voice because he cheered a lot for the T&T kids doing multiple relays during Game Time, and I told Elaine that she had some crazy friends! I'd seen her Facebook status "Stress Relief is spelled S E X!" - her friends had taken it in the expected direction, of course. She said it really meant "Sleep - Eat - Exercise" as per a professor, heh. Hannah and her friend Andrea came up to me and talked about their favorite colors, and it seems Hannah's changes a bit: pink, blue, and now green. I told them that my sister-in-law's favorite color is green, yay! Hannah said her pink bracelet was broken, but Andrea repaired it - good. After Awana, Sean L. told me that his mom was in India - I know, because she told me before! Of course, I said hi to Conor and HIS brother Sean S. - their parents were going to Superstore to shop. Convenient, since it's two minutes away!

John and I got lost while trying to locate Steph's - it was too dark outside, man. I couldn't even see people outside when they called to me! Um, I think I'm getting REALLY old! Dinner was all right - it seems Grandma likes holding hands around the table now, too. AIYA! We had to explain to Mom (again) that Spoons is NOT spooning! With as much TV as she watches, you'd think she would know the difference between the two! Then Mom tried denying that her favorite TV shows (like GREY'S ANATOMY) had sex scenes... HAHAHA, oh dear. We watched the hockey game on Steph's mini TV... the Canucks won 6-2 over the Penguins. Poor goalie, being third-string... then the fourth-string goalie was inserted later on. Steph was trying to give Mom an analogy that she'd understand, using Luongo / Raycroft / Schneider as examples. The only problem with that was that Mom thought the analogy was REAL! Dad then thought that Jon was trying to turn Steph into a vegan since his vegetarian dish contained kale and all sort of stuff... what the?!

We also tried giving Grandma a basic explanation of hockey - that kinda worked, heh. Discussed prostate exams, red wine and beer, exercise, farting, coffee, future family dinner dates and birthdays (Steph skipped over Harmony's birthday entirely at first - oops!), Haiti, the Super Skills competition, rum cake, Steph's Internet and cable perhaps getting hooked up next week, good deals on winter jackets, travel mugs, Mom's assessment of supermarket deals, and more. There's a deal on at Boston Pizza (which I would have been all over a few years ago) - $9 for starter, entree, and dessert. I said it might be too much food-wise (not money-wise), but Mom suggested I box it up to take home. Good idea, for once.

Then Mom tried making me feel guilty that I didn't spend time with Grandma, again. Well, excuse me if I believe in taking care of myself when I'm even the slightest bit under the weather! Overall, the dinner was good - we even signed Steph's guestbook, and later laughed at Mom's English and being SO ASIAN! ("it seems to have more stuff from we saw it last - we should thank Uncle Keith for finding you such a nice place - I hope you take the last big step soon!") Of course, she means a wedding - hahahaha, oh dear. Grandma was getting tired, so the parents left before Jon and Harmony. I previewed a birthday card for them, too.

Later, I did some Sunday School prep and Bathroom Reader perusal before I headed to bed as well. This morning, we had toast and fruit and coffee for breakfast. Yay for toothbrush cases and such! Talked to Denise, Quan, Karmie, Hien, Dave, Conor (felts vs. Transformers!), Esther, Harrison, Amos, Amanda, David, Arthur, Natalie, Hannah W., Gladys, Eric M., Harmony, Mattias, Megan, Karen I., Connor, Vivian, Allison, Danielle, Andrea, Auntie Catherine, Chung, Alan, Polly, and others. Saw Quan and asked where her sister was... when I located her, I showed Hien the Minute Rice box, which she wasn't impressed with - I gave her some leftover Christmas stickers, too. The girls wouldn't take Ziploc bags full of candy canes, so I gave them to David instead. Made sure to say hi to Dave, and talked to Danielle about Brent and Wisconsin - lots of snow, yikes! Said hi to Denise, and talked to her about the quiet week. Allison gave me a kiss via her stuffed animal mouse - haha, that works! Connor had a Honeycomb, heh. Harmony asked if I'd seen Raymond; why would I even NOTICE him!? Apparently, he'd been invited to the Super Skills competition in the afternoon, and maybe THAT was why I wasn't invited. Raymond should just cease to exist - trying to say that I am obsessed with him?! As if!

Asked Karmie about Women's Group - it apparently resumes this week. Mattias looked VERY tired - Karen said he woke up at 4 AM! At toddler Sunday School, Harrison was crying since Amos and Amanda left him out of their Lego play - I simplified Auntie Ying's "rejected" to "left out," heh. The kids drew apple trees, branches, baskets, birds, and other things - but no scarecrows since they were scary! Conor told me about getting lost, too - uh oh! I gave Conor some sticker sheets featuring teddy bears and penguins, and he was SO HAPPY with them, calling them "my stickies!" and carrying them everywhere. That was definitely thanks enough for me, even if he did come back later to yell THANK YOU at me! I think he likes me since he was holding my hand and such... so cute! When I went downstairs, I talked to Ian and Sean about hand sanitizer... it DOES dry right away, but not if used on paper!

Saw Wesley and Dianne - Jon explained CAMERA to them as the Campaign for Real Ale; he and Jeremy both have cards, and the AGM was this afternoon! Also discussed hats and stuff - then talked to Andrea briefly about hanging out. I asked Auntie Catherine how she was doing - her laser eye treatment and such went well, and she'll call me tomorrow (hopefully not during JACK BAUER TIME) to get together this week. Sounds good to me! Went to the old Green Village with Alan and Polly - Alan likes Awana, and Jordan is interesting. Then Mom had to go to Zellers - microwaves are too expensive there, man. Good thing I went to the bathroom at the restaurant, since the Zellers trip added half an hour to the total time out! Mom also thought that I should have told her about Auntie Kam's fractured shoulder, and about Eric taping JACK BAUER on the Eastern Time channels with satellite TV. Um, why would I? She never ASKED! Yes, of course she knows Auntie Kam, but honestly. It never came up, and I don't want to give her additional info! Sheesh...

Now I'm done, and they still haven't called me yet... nice! All good, for sure. :D
(Steph just called to say they're coming now - and she'll call when they're closer - GOOD!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home