Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stairs and JACK BAUER / Kori Bustard

I contemplated just waiting for the next 410 since I left "early," but remembered that it would take 15 minutes or so to get to my destination anyhow - I did expect to wait a bit, so thank goodness it wasn't raining! (especially since I just recovered from my cold a couple days ago!) Eric came on time, and I told him that I'd been about to fall asleep - he said that it was cold outside. I know, but still. No, I wasn't THAT tired, haha. I also assured him that it had been worth skipping Missions Fest to go to an epic sleepover / birthday party with ZOMBIES! We stopped by Subway so we could get dinner, then Eric warned me that we'd have to pick up Geoffrey. I lamented not being able to be weird - I just stayed quiet, except when I reminded Eric that his car door couldn't handle grass... of course, he took that in the "weed" direction!

When we got into the church, I saw Mr. Creep sitting in a chair, so I had to tell Eric that I sensed evil. He said nothing, so we ate while standing up at the table in the back of the hall - then he got us chairs, heh. Moved seats so as not to sit near Mr. Creep later - thank goodness that I wouldn't have been in his small group! Talked to Auntie Rebecca briefly about Auntie Kam (got an email from Zoe later) - a fractured shoulder doesn't sound good! Saw Colin Sham right after she told me that she'd seen my baby photos, and pronounced them cute! Went to grab some water at Eric's suggestion - I forgot that toasted subs are DRY! - and saw Henry at the water cooler. He confirmed that I needed a ride tomorrow, and also confirmed the location: I guess it HAS been that long since he's picked me up at my place, what with the lards' vacation / Christmas and New Year's break for two weeks / Billie's sleepover after the party.

Helen's sharing was interesting - she even showed us "tame" pictures of various deformities in China. Kids accidentally fall into the fire used for heating / cooking (which is sacred to some rural people), which makes for unimaginable scars and such later on. We are blessed here indeed - primary and preventative care, yay! Helped Christon with the refreshments later, as did Jen / Eric / Vania. Luckily (?), Mr. Creep came in the kitchen and told Christon that he'd brought a fruit tray which was in the fridge - at least I knew what to stay AWAY from, haha! Not that I ate much eventually - just an orange slice, finger, and sweet square! (Wesley said that a particular cake was quite good)

Later, I talked to Tracy about her and Michelle's comments on a photo - she had done a double take because in the thumbnail feed version, Dad had totally looked like Jon! She'd wondered what baby HE could possibly be holding, hahaha. Also discussed painting, getting back into the Fellowship habit (it's so easy to be "meh" about it when you haven't been going due to non-Christian friends and such), New Year's stuff, and more with her and Harmony. Jon asked what I was doing tomorrow before dinner - AWANA! And no, I can't take Grandma to church with me since that would be rather hard to explain to Henry, and I could just get John to drop me off later - Jon says that he should call Mom. For sure!

Then again, I just noticed an email from Dad (sent at 9 PM when 3/4 of us were at Fellowship :P) asking about the final arrangements... I'll ignore it and let Jon answer, heh. Eric asked Harmony if she were going to the Super Skills on Sunday - she supposes so, if Veronica can't go and Kieran bought extra tickets without knowing that Eric already had purchased some. Harmony wondered why he didn't invite ME, and he said it was because I "always" complained about the stairs - not always, man! It's not MY fault that BC Place (or wherever) doesn't have railings for the balance-challenged people like me out there! I remember December 2005 quite well, as Jon had to help me down those stairs when he / Nathan / Melissa / I attended that IIHF game. I also said hi to Dianne, Deb, Albert, Phil, Grace, Citrus, and a new girl named Carmen.

After that, I saw Dave - of course I had to give him a smiling greeting, haha. He's been chilling, and said that a valued friend of his had finally joined Facebook - sounds good! Asked if we'd had any Sunday Dinner Experiences lately... not since December or even late November! Later, he was talking to Jon and Christon about Victoria and 3rd - I thought they were talking about Pho, but turned out they were talking about the vegetable variety at a grocery store. Dave asked whether I got the Flickr picture that he sent me - oh yeah, those Krispy Kreme doughnuts with hamburger patties and fried eggs would NOT be improved by vomit, man! Eric and I left soon after collecting Geoffrey - at the front desk, Uncle Eugene wondered if the monitor worked. Um, I have no idea since I don't have it yet. Just because my dad has it doesn't mean I do, heh.

Eric tried to engage me in conversation after we got gas (which Geoffrey attempted to chip in for), but I wasn't biting. After we FINALLY dropped him off, Eric said that I could be a weirdo again - oh yes, indeed. I started in by saying that if SOMEONE tried to manipulate or monopolize a large-group discussion again, I would not be very impressed and would be tempted to punch him. True, Mr. Creep only asked two questions, but seriously. I have no great love for Randal either, but you don't DO that when there are other written questions to answer! I also told Eric that Raymond now had a receding hairline, heh.

Asked him when a good time was to pick up that monitor - I didn't want to do it tonight because he was tired after a long day, and I didn't want my parents to try convincing me to take Grandma with me to church tomorrow. It wouldn't be a good idea because it takes Henry FOREVER to get to my parents' place! Then Eric informed me that there was a 24 event at my parents' place on Sunday - WHY DOES NOBODY TELL ME ANYTHING?! Christon's going, so I could get a ride from him if I don't want to stick around my parents all afternoon into the evening - we'll see, but I like my downtime. I wonder if the switch to digital TV will affect this season. Then again, I don't know if I watch a lot of TV anyway...


Facebook quiz taken from Noel:

What's Your Monster Name? Leslie has generated a Monster Name. Leslie's Monster Name is Leslie, The Wicked Goblin.

Trivia fact for Saturday, Jan. 16: What is the heaviest flying bird alive today? The kori bustard, a native of East Africa and South Africa that can fly in short bursts. The male typically weighs about 40 pounds. The heaviest kori bustard on record weighed 48 pounds.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home