Thursday, January 07, 2010

What kind of name is SASHAKAY SHAKER?! (75 minutes is NOT almost an hour!) / Flat

Almost went on the Canada Line to get to my sister's, but remembered that I should take the 430 just as I got settled in my seat! Thank goodness I actually caught that bus, as the stop isn't very far away and even I could make it with my walking speed! Got to my sister's on time, meaning that I was the first one there. Cindy and Chrystal got lost, but it was fine. Fidela, Steph, Vanessa, Cindy, Chrystal, and I had a good time discussing (crazy) email addresses, China, curry, pasta salad, unique names, "Fidela" on Facebook, "same name" syndrome, "FANG!", pork, blueberry pie, ice cream, frogs, cows' eyes, lame teenage stuff, quiche, Steph's furniture which arrived in the last two days, ghetto people, weird names, and other stuff.

Steph was at the airport at 6 AM in Atlanta, when she heard some girl with a pronounced accent in the next washroom stall, sounding way too perky. "HEY GIRL! DID YOU GET MAH EMAIL?!" Then there was the person she came into contact with: her first and middle names were Sashakay Shaker. "You ain't gonna give me no ticket! I'm gonna remember yo' face!" HAHAHA, OH MY! My sister's response to the first? "You're right - I'm not going to give you no ticket. I'm giving you A ticket." (double negative!)

Fidela's tapioca pudding was a little strong, but there was alcohol in the extract! I also had a Dark Ale from Winnipeg along with tea and other stuff. Talked about stress, teaching, mispronunciation of "umbilicus" / "penis," "75 minutes?! That's almost an hour!" (dumb American girls that Fidela and her brothers overheard while waiting for a park ride), THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE the play, Steph's guestbook, her KING-SIZE BED, TV / Internet lacking now, and more. Cindy somehow mispronounced "Toblerone" as "Trombonerone," hahaha!


Trivia fact for Thursday, Jan. 7: Which continent is the flattest? Australia. According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the reason is "its position near the centre of a tectonic plate, where there are no volcanic or other geologic forces of the type that raise the topography of other continents."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home