Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Butterscotch ice cream, Bailey's ice cream, 2010 trivia calendar, pasta salad, mosquitoes, and more!

Got out of the house for my doctor's appointment - guess it went okay. Then I decided to head over to City Fresh Market to buy some on-sale noodles. After that, I stopped by Chapters to see if I could get a page-a-day calendar. They were all half-price, and I tried to select one which would be good for useless_facts as well as remotely interesting to me personally. I didn't get the one on weather, or 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said... I settled on The Original Amazing Trivia Facts Page-A-Day Calendar 2010 instead. Went to Save-On Foods, where I picked up one kilogram of pasta salad for tomorrow night, some on-sale zesty Orangina (which I've never had before), some Tostitos chips, some bean and cheese dip to go with it, on-sale butterscotch ice cream, on-sale Häagen-Dazs Bailey's ice cream, an irresistible on-sale JOY OF COOKING microwaveable meal in a bag (cooked braised beef with egg noodles!), and some turkey pot pies. I managed to walk to the bus stop with all that stuff, therefore saving myself some money - no cabs here unless absolutely necessary! (unlike SOMEONE...) Will make more mushroom soup to use up more milk before it expires on Saturday, too.

Trivia fact for Tuesday, Jan. 5: What state holds an annual three-day mosquito festival? Texas, in the town of Clute. The Great Texas Mosquito Festival is held on the last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of July. The 30th annual festival will be held this year.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home