Sunday, January 10, 2010

I can tell when you're being FAKE, Mom... / EPIC MEDICINE ZOMBIE! / Northwestern University

Called my mom, who was all FAKE on the phone - yeah, I can tell when she's being sickly sweet. Save your concern, because you weren't that way when I was initially sick! ("Whatever" in a tone of "I don't believe you!") She says she has 100 little candy canes and one gigantic one for me: this is why I didn't buy the little ones, because I knew my mom would give me that stuff.

While Corey and I were talking on AIM about (Minute) Rice / Jane / Taiwan / language barriers / Pho (which Billie had at 3 AM), Eric got on MSN to warn me that he was driving his parents' Toyota tomorrow, so NO SLAMMING DOORS. I replied that I was an EPIC ZOMBIE... of course it had nothing to do with the topic, but I was being random as is my wont! His reply was "medicine," so I said that I'd had a LOT of medicine: Vitamin C in ridiculous amounts, echinacea, cough syrup, and cough drops. Then he said that he meant medicine to control my mental faculties... I'm not so sure I need that, thanks! He signed off with a joking implication that I'd been doing magic mushrooms last night - HA, NO WAY!

I just realized that I'll be doing a Christmas lesson for the kids tomorrow. I'll feel silly, but at least it'll be over with in five or ten minutes, and it requires NO prep AT ALL. I could have skipped over it, but it's too late now. DANG! Ah well, and now Billie's talking to me when I should be in bed. Whatever... at least I don't have to deal with my mother in the morning!


Trivia fact for Sunday, Jan. 10: Why doesn't Northwestern University reflect its location - in northeastern Illinois? The university was named for its historic location in the Northwest Territory, not for its location in Evanston, in northeastern Illinois. It was founded in 1851 to serve the Northwest Territory.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home