Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sick with my first cold since last spring / Yeast-free and vegetarian Vitamin C / Quizzes

Bleh. I thought I'd sleep okay, but my body had other plans for me since I couldn't. Was up at 4;30 AM because of sneezing and such, so decided to take some Neo-Citran. Then I went back to bed to have fractured dreams of my mom being melodramatic about READER'S DIGEST retrospective articles from 1988 or so. Finally got up at 12:45 and checked my phone: not surprised that Steph AND Grandma had called me. When I checked my email, I found that Mom had emailed me: "Big G is ANXIOUSLY waiting for you!" It was only 10:10 then, haha.

I decided to forgo spending time with Grandma in favor of REST, particularly with Billie's birthday party coming up tomorrow. (and the textbook / word search book exchange!) So I called to tell Grandma that I'm sick - she wasn't impressed that I hadn't answered the phone when she called, haha. I sounded sick to my own ears, unlike last night! Then I finally felt ambulatory enough to go to the next-door pharmacy, so I could procure some Vitamin C, and got the pharmacist to open it for me.

It was only $4, and it's yeast-free AND vegetarian! "This product does not contain any artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, solvents, alcohol, gluten, wheat, yeast, dairy, or egg." On the way back in, I saw Bike Guy. We helped each other with doors - told each other to take care and such, too. Now I've taken a couple of tablets (technically an overdose :P), so I hope this cold will be knocked out soon! At least this is the first time I've even had so much as a cold since last spring, but if this is what I get when I go out for five days in a row, then I'd rather stay home... not pleasant.

Then I wondered why everyone was updating their Facebook statuses with just colors: white, pink, grey, black, nude, tan, etc. Jess says that it's the color of the bra you're wearing, and Karla says there's supposed to be a PM with it which isn't dumb. Confusing way (without the PM) to promote breast cancer awareness... Billie called, saying that her ex-friend Shaina is being obsessive again. Yikes!


Facebook quizzes taken from Shannon, Karla, and Michael:

Leslie took the "What kind of demented old lady will you be?" quiz and the result is Mean and Sassy. Full of piss and vinegar. When people talk to you, you will just scowl and snap back at them with a sassy comeback. It doesn't matter what they have to say... you just wish they would be quiet and leave you alone. You may have the mouth of a sailor, and you may even swing your purse if they get too close. Watch Out!!


Leslie's parents get a C- for originality.
Ranking: 'Leslie' was the 65th most popular girl's name in her birth year.
Rarity: 58% of girls had rarer names that year. (Grade: C-)
Peak year: 'Leslie' peaked in popularity in 1969.
Current rank: 'Leslie' is currently the 147th most popular girl's name.
Current name: Leslie's parents might name her 'Mackenzie' today (current #65).

Eww, "Mackenzie" - not a favorite of mine. I never liked my name, anyway...


Leslie took the What is your animal sign? quiz and got the result: Dragon. 1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012. People born in the Year of the Dragon are energetic, humorous, capable, and idealistic. Their decisiveness can at times make them seem overconfident, but they do inspire confidence and trust. They are also quite excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. Their compatible signs are Monkey, Rat, and Rooster.




You Look Like a Cancer



It's likely you have a bit of a baby face. People think you're younger than you are.

You have prominent cheeks and a very expressive jaw. You usually have a big smile.



Your feet and hands tend to be a bit small compared to the rest of you.

Not that the rest of you is all that big. You're probably a bit shorter than average.



Like most Cancer people, you are probably incredibly compassionate and kind. You have a big heart.

You are also shrewd, intuitive, and wise. No one's going to take advantage of you.




You Are a Doll



You've always been a nurturing person, even when you were too young to nurture anyone else.

You tend to be very socially oriented. Other people matter to you, and you are very compassionate.



You are naturally intuitive and understanding. You love people for who they are.

It makes you feel valued to be needed. You like to have others depending on you, and you're always happy to lend a hand.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home