Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Reliving Singapore and Hong Kong at Timmy's Kitchen!

I'm finally home, and the computer decided to greet me with a restart once I turned it on and loaded stuff. What the heck?! :(

Jon, Mom, Dad, and Grandma arrived at the townhouse shortly before 1:30, and we went out for lunch at Timmy's Kitchen shortly afterwards. Dad did ask what happened to the burned pot, but at least it looks a lot better after Steph helped me clean it! Mom was trying to see where she put our Singapore shirts (apparently mine was $10 more expensive than my brother's - it has a 3D dragon on it?!), but Jon and I told her to take her time... Dad reinforced it, haha. In the time she's been away (a couple of months), Grandma's forgotten where the downstairs washroom is! Oh no!

Timmy's Kitchen is under new management as of the 11th, and the new waitresses seem friendly enough. Jon and I looked at the photos from Singapore / Hong Kong on Mom's camera - fresh turmeric (which I thought was ginger), Christon and Chinese winter solstice festivals, Uncle Albert / Auntie Betty / Dawn / Geoffrey, Uncle Adrian / Auntie Annie / J-Mak, Gordon's wedding, Great-Aunt and Cousin Eric plus other relatives / the cruise ship with the Korean purser / way more.

The parents seemed to have a good time, and told us about $10 wonton (in Singapore dollars, so about $2 here) / Malaysia / tender young pig / poor food quality in that flies are swarming around the meat as it's being prepared / the wedding / not meeting up with Terrence or Uncle Michael (who apparently didn't treat Grandma well) / Starbucks / Tim Horton's / Hong Kong brands / Discovery Bay and Auntie Chu's garden. Jon and I also discussed calling Eric M., Holly's shortbread cookies, the candlelight service, Harmony, and other things. I thought of my future plans - I think I'll mail Steve and Carol's card tomorrow, and get some GOOD paper from Staples for my notes! At least I didn't have to see Mr. Creep for two Sundays in a row... YES! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home