Sunday, September 27, 2009

"There are bananas and fire inside these prop rocks!"

I had my book ready this morning as a shield, so I read it in the car despite Grandma saying that I shouldn't in case I got carsick. Never been a problem for me, however. Mom gave me a bunch of stuff to be given variously to Jeremy, Christon, and Lesley - I just told her that I'd given it to everyone when she asked later. Got to church and said hi to Harmony, Grace, Martin, a newcomer, and little Nathan. Tracy was back from her honeymoon, so I said hi to her too. After service, I gave Bathroom Readers and wedding pictures to Jeremy and Christon. Jon joked that his paper bag of potatoes were Christon's birthday present, but they were really for use in tonight's Sunday dinner.

Talked to Karen, Jen, Lincoln, baby Mattias, Emily L., Christon, Jon, Eric, and other people in the fellowship hall: MOTHER, HOW I KILLED MY MOTHER, the Vancouver International Film Festival, group projects, my NHL All-Star Game hat, taking advantage of "no parents in the house" time, not going to the dinner, planning, cooking, and more. When Christon brought up a film which contained my name and "Evil," Lincoln looked at me - nope, not I, dude! Also waved to Adam, and briefly greeted Quan / Joyce / Cordia / "enjoying the sunshine" Angus. Jeremy said that he wouldn't be doing the cooking, so I could hang out after my own lunch - sweet! He also asked whether I had the UNSINKABLE Bathroom Reader, which I'd given to him as a present - yup!

Went up to Sunday School - Amos, Amanda, David, Evelyn, Conor, and a new kid named Sally were there. Amanda seemed to make friends with Sally - good! Seems the new kid has an eighteen-year-old sister. Man, that's quite the age gap! Auntie Ying affirmed that Rachel's grandma (who's not a Christian) and I were good helpers, even to my mom and grandma later. She then said that I didn't have to provide snacks for the kids, so there goes THAT excuse for buying things, hahaha. The kids were pretty good today, and Sally even talked to me in English. David wanted to take a toy home, and Conor wanted Auntie Ying's prop rocks - no can do, kiddies! Amos said that there was fire, water, and bananas inside his prop rocks, hahaha! (the story was that of Moses striking the rock to acquire water for the Israelites)

After that, I went downstairs to see what was going on. Told Jeremy that I'd be having a free lunch with my parents - always a good idea! Saw Priscilla with some popcorn, and asked where she got it - from her sister, and she asked whether I'd seen her. Nope, but she could have been upstairs! Jon and I talked by the water cooler: he says Raymond is coming to the hockey thing on Thursday, and laughed at me. I KNEW IT! (Eric is going too, so maybe he and I can meet up somewhere...) Hannah and Amanda were running around, causing my dad to stop in his tracks every once in a while, haha. Went to Mui's with my parents for lunch. I learned that my great-aunt doesn't speak English (which I figured), but Cousin Eric does - or she assumes this is so because he has a Masters Degree from Australia. Mom says she could "fork out" the bus tour money if I wanted to go along with Grandma, Great-Aunt / Yee Poh, and Cousin Eric... we'll see! Luckily, my parents had two cars at church - it was easier for me to take the bus from there than from Louis Garden!

Decided to see whether I could find a stapler at Kingsgate Mall. After looking a few times at the stationery section of Dollar Land, I finally located staplers - I bought one for Awana, and also got some 27-inch shoelaces to tie to my bus pass so to hopefully make that item more noticeable when lost. Wasted one (fifty cents) when trying to see if it fit around my neck - it did, but the bus pass was upside down. Not my desired outcome, so I just cut the lace and threw it out. Figured that all I wanted to do was to make the pass more noticeable, so used another lace for that purpose. Noticed that the Mount Pleasant library branch was back at the mall (for now?), so that was good. I remember going there YEARS ago on the way to Fellowship multiple times.

Went to Jeremy's, talked to him about various things, and actually met his new roommate Ryan - he moved in some stuff today, actually. Jon, Isabel, and Christon came later with a LOT of flour / leeks / potatoes / cheddar and other ingredients. Discussed the remastered Beatles albums, spiders and whether I was still alive (as prompted by Steph's emails), recipes, stock, potato leek soup, Google's 11th birthday already (this discovered while doing stuff to the wireless network so Ryan could use the Internet), macaroni and cheese, lye to take off carbon on a Corningware dish, pasta, thyme, chicken broth, and other things. Seems Dallas and Jen are on their way - good, since Dallas will be my company on the way home after this evening is done!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home