Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mooncake, Mid-Autumn Festival, dinner conflict, and poo phobias

Grandma gave me some mooncake yesterday, so I decided to eat it earlier tonight. At least I won't have to contend with someone saying that it "tastes like ass." Uncultured person! This is the good kind, with eggs! Corey hasn't had it, since he was in Taiwan with Jane during Chinese New Year, not the Mid-Autumn Festival. I remember getting it a lot when I was a kid, mainly from Grandma and Chinese School. Who knows... I might send him some while it's still available (next week?), and get some for myself too.

I also assume Jane (who doesn't like it) knows more about the festival than I do, haha. (just because I eat mooncake doesn't mean I know a lot about the festival!) He finally tried a digestive biscuit after taking them out of the closet where they were stashed to clean up before his sister's wedding. After I yelled at him about expiry dates (and looking stuff up for my own reference), he finally tried one. "I just tried one of the digestive thingies... not bad, but it seems kind of plain, like it would be really good if it had something with it. They'd probably make good Smores."

Great-aunt plans update: They're staying at my parents' house, and lunch / dinner will be next Sunday. I was reminded that I have a Committee meeting on Monday night when I got Steph's email stating that she's off both Sunday and Monday. Mom thinks that since she knows Flora the waitress at #9, we can get a table for lunch easily. We'll see about that! Then dinner could be at either Hon's (although I've heard rumors of it closing?!) or Master Hong's BBQ House. I AM NOT A GRANDMA, STUPID PEOPLE! Karen sent a bunch of us an email about Christon's birthday dinner... unfortunately, it's on the 4th at 6. DARN IT! Knowing Jon, he might still try to make an appearance at both events, so we'll see how that goes!


Poo nugget for Tuesday, September 29: Dr. Stool Says - Rhypophobia - This serious condition (the fear of defecation) is presumed to have a psychological basis in childhood trauma, and can be very difficult to treat. A related pediatric condition called "encopresia," or fecal soiling, occurs in kids who volitionally refuse to use the toilet. Both of these conditions speak to the importance of making poo a fun and stress-free activity during the childhood years.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home