Saturday, September 12, 2009

MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER, Memegen explosion, double Matthew Ma, and more

I have rediscovered a love for the Beatles song MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER because it is morbid, hehehe. Not sure why you'd get kids in elementary school to sing it, though... that, and THE CAT CAME BACK. BANG BANG BANG, THE HAMMER CAME DOWN ON HER HEAD TO MAKE SURE SHE WAS DEAD! :D

Also found out why Memegen hasn't been working for the last little while. From Quill 18: "Because I moved the site to a new server and it completely exploded due to the server having a different version of the programming language I use. :( It's taken a lot of re-programming (and coffee), but I think I have it all operational again, though possibly some of the newer quizzes got lost in the shuffle. Sorry for the disruption!"

Henry called at 3:35 to say he was nearby, so out I went! Traffic was insane, but we managed to make it before the start of the flag ceremony! Melia explained the rules to all the kids, which was good. Found out the almost-white kid's name: ANOTHER MATTHEW MA?! No wonder Chrystal and I were confused when his mother handed us a registration form! The one we are familiar with is older by about a couple years, and has an older brother named Eric. This one has an older sister named Mary, whom I've also seen around - she's so SKINNY and must take after her mother in this regard! Good thing they're in different clubs, but then awards time might get confusing in the future! Yikes!

Hilary came up to me later and wanted to see if the church library was open since she was bored and wanted to read a book. Since I could identify with that (even though she was supposed to be coloring as a stand-in for games), I went upstairs with her. Contrary to the posted hours (3:30 to 6 on Saturday), the door was locked! She was smart, and asked Auntie Rebecca for the key when we went back downstairs - I kinda knew Rebecca had no intention of giving her any books to read at 5:45, heh. She just played with Annika (who had a cast on her arm because she ran too fast into metal) and Hannah instead! Then she asked me what my pink Engrish "Every Day Happy!" journal was: she liked it because of the happy faces on the front, heh. She likes metallic blue and metallic purple - hey, my kind of girl! Hannah's sister Amanda just asked why my lips were so red: it's the Lip Care, man.

I blew Bob's mind by telling him that he hadn't even been born yet when I myself was in Grade 9, haha. He didn't even want to THINK about it and my current age in a week, haha. He's an official secretary now, which is cool. Saw little Anne from Sunday School; when I asked if she remembered me, she said "Maybe..." Her little sister Melody is cute, too. Then I saw Conor from the same Sunday School class - he was talkative, and definitely remembered me! "Yeah... you were in my class!" You bet! His older brother Sean was shy, but did say hi to me at least. Found out their parents' names: Minh (guessing on spelling) and Pauline. John and Ada rediscovered that their Sean's first name and Chinese name was the same as Conor's brother Sean!

Waited around while Ada was in a debriefing, which I guess I should have attended too, but maybe next time! Ian and Sean played tag, and Ian called the hallway that leads to the chapel a "dead end," which I guess it is in a way. Jordan said that he'd have a sushi party, and his mom told me and John that he could eat a HUGE plate of sushi - more than ten pieces for a kid?! Wow! Had an uneventful ride home since the kids were tired, although Sean unsuccessfully tried to make the middle seatbelt stay on the seat in front of him. Got home to find that I was out of milk - I should buy milk and kiddy snacks sometime this week, maybe. I've packed the remaining oatmeal cookies for them in two Ziploc bags, so it should be okay. (maybe I won't make Sidekicks till later, haha)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home