Friday, September 11, 2009

Control+Backspace, Candy calling me, Nathan's farewell via Evite

I've just discovered that Control+Backspace erases your text one word at a time - hahaha, yay! Candy called me, and I greeted her with "This isn't Eric!" Hahaha, that just shows you where my mind is on Friday afternoons! Talked about her sister Ducky (Subena) and her husband Ceejay (Chris), Jeremy, relationships, trust, courage, her pet Isis and where she got her name, truck drivers, family, her friends Ryan and April M., and a "sense" that she gets when people close to her are upset. Also discussed her "half-naked fireman calendar," my upcoming birthday, diabetes, possible food poisoning from sushi, her husband George, Niagara Falls hoodies and bleach, rum / tequila / shots / beer, dealing with things, gigs, insane weekends, lots of puking, her band friends in Groovy Food, things taking a while to sink in, and more. I thought that I can confirm rides or not with Jon and Harmony on the 18th for the next night - I'll see if they decide to drive to the townhouse, or what.

I noted that Danielle had sent me an Evite to a farewell for Nathan taking place ON SUNDAY! It's at a place called Kishu Star Japanese Bistro on 4th. So of course I had to put in an RSVP for that, after verifying that my bank account could survive another night out. Hopefully, the perfidious blackguard will decide that it's too short notice for him, and won't show up. It's enough that I have to see him at church and Fellowship, isn't it?! I swear, I'm going to go up to him on Sunday and tell him exactly what I think of him!!! He needs to just get out of MY church, hahaha.

I had to take care of something fairly soon after that phone call, which had little to do with finishing my Lemon Chicken rice. As soon as I was done, Eric called from work to see whether I wanted a ride to Vanessa's in Burnaby. Greeted him with "This better be good," haha. Of course I did, even if he had the transit directions all laid out for me. (involving the 401, 430, 144, and who knows what other buses!) Asked if he were going to Nathan's farewell, and he wondered if I'd read his reply. Then I asked him in turn if it looked like I had time to sift through ALL the replies after I'd made my own! I looked at it "momentarily" (after I got off the phone with him - ah, I can turn it OFF now, sweet bliss!) and found that it involved showering after playing hockey. So it'll be 6:15 at the usual intersection, and I guess I can take my own shower tomorrow before the FIRST DAY OF AWANA!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home