Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a Blackberry Bistro, not a blueberry one!

Apparently, that South African athlete is a hermaphrodite. Oh my. o_O

Mom called the Blackberry Bistro a "Blueberry Bistro," so I had to look it up on Google. (Translink didn't even recognize the address of the place!) Later, she termed this my being "untrustworthy," meaning (as my brother understood) that I didn't trust her. I wouldn't say it's that entirely, but it's always good to have the correct information! :P

Bused over to the townhouse (and almost got run over by a TRUCK!), found a new Camry which is Mom's new car (as of Tuesday), declined dinner because I had work to do (not entirely the dishes, but my sanity!), and found out that Harmony doesn't like octopus. The place had pad Thai, plenty of fusion / pan-Asian dishes, gelato, Soo beef jerky and such, expensive bubble tea ($4.25?!), curry laksa (which I ordered despite my mom ordering the same thing - it's a SPOZ thing!), dried persimmon snacks, and more! Talked about job leads, clothing, teaching, Harmony in Toronto, the 19th birthday dinner (Henry and Ada [with Sean and Ian] are my Awana rides!), tormenting Christon with squash in a month for endless Sunday Dinners, persimmon night as a bad idea for such, and the people who gave me an RSVP to Kelsey's.

Told Jon that he wouldn't be seeing Krista this year since she's up in Fort St. John, and identified her to him as Teunis' girlfriend at this time last year. Not this year, but in response to his question, I said that they were still friends. Volunteered that at least it had ended better than her OTHER relationship with a boyfriend, which ended less than amicably! (I only said this, and didn't provide any more details) I said that Christon, Eric, Billie, and several others had provided a (verbal) RSVP, which was fine. Tracy just did via Facebook - she can't go because of a wedding rehearsal. No wonder I dislike weddings, hahaha.

I had some blood orange gelato (Jon had to describe it to the parents as "Spanish or Moroccan"), Jon had some basil chocolate gelato (which was very chocolatey), and the parents had a toasted almond coffee gelato. There were other flavors: super lemon, sesame (ew), blackberry, kiwi, coconut (ew), strawberry (too pedestrian), and more! Mom started criticizing the use of the TV at the bistro ("nobody watches it - why waste electricity?!" - it's NOT YOUR BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT!), and why she felt that they had reduced hours - because it was never busy! Then she thought that she'd gone there before with me or Jon: we didn't remember going there in our LIFE! If she went there with Steph and Grandma, that's fine... we'll see what happens in December!

She gave me the choice of going to Ironwood with her and Dad, but I chose to be dropped off at the townhouse with Jon, so I could take the bus out later. Read the newspaper, and left after confirming Dylan's wedding with my brother - just in time for the bus, too! Man, it got crowded across the street from the high school - yay?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home