Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I'm immune to drugs, and I've been deprived of the high school experience!"

Figures that the computer would restart about twenty minutes after Teunis left to go to the storage locker and that pirate party! This is the last installment of the David Shaler Saga. There was some stuff on a Facebook discussion board for our high school, but he deleted it way back in October 2007. :(

We were talking through messages about his remembering everything...

For my memory, it is * A LOT* of information to store. It's a burden. I call it mind clutter. Can you just imagine the amount of energy I must be producing to have such an incredible memory recall. I wonder if that energy can explain the telepathy and visions of the future? We use 10% of our minds. Maybe I'm using 11% ... Who knows what the mind is capable of.

I'm also immune to drugs. I have gene duplications of CYP2D6 and CYP2C19; as well, my serotonin transporter is in the s/l form. I am what is considered an ultra-rapid metabolizer of drugs metabolized by CYP2D6. I thought this explains why I am immune to drugs; but, I've been doing some research and it seems that although I would require higher doses of some drugs, it doesn't explain how drugs don't seem to work, period! I can take 100 Tylenol with Codeine a day. I can take 12 tabs of Ecstasy, and it's like a cup of coffee. I can take 15 OxyContins and it's nothing more than candy to my body.

Marijuana barely works, and at 5'4" weighing only 120 pounds, I can drink everyone under the table. I tried magic mushrooms for the first time Sunday night; 4 grams did absolutely nothing to me. People think it's great I'm "immune" to drugs, that I don't even have the option to get high or stoned; but, I also don't have an option for pain relief. Morphine does nothing to me. Anesthesia doesn't keep me asleep. Mushrooms have no connection to CYP2D6 so I should have experienced something; 4 grams was more then enough and I've never tried those before.

Another thing I just learned is that Codeine works differently. The body converts Codeine into Morphine, so the faster the Codeine is metabolized, the higher dose of Morphine I am getting in my body. So, with my gene duplications, I shouldn't be able to take 100 Tylenol; half of one should be ample.

People can think whatever they want of me; but, I want the drugs for more than just pain relief. I have been in pain my entire life, I haven't been able to stop moving in 30 years; I deserve to be able to get stoned. As crazy as it may sound, what marijuana does to everyone else is the exact medicine I need.

There are nearly 8000 rare diseases, and 1 in 10 Canadians is walking around unaware that they are sick with an invisible illness. That's 1 in 10 Canadians chalking it up to being just how they are. It's actually very difficult to knock that wall down because you know no other way, and then you have to undergo a massive identity crisis as you come to terms with the fact that maybe you didn't have to be that way for so long.

You wouldn't believe the lectures I've gotten. Geez. I thought the world was more progressive than this. I was robbed of the high school experience and that's an open wound that will never heal. It's also so tough remembering everything like it was yesterday. I don't feel the passage of time. I'll bump into someone from way back, and they look so old, and it feel like I went to sleep and everyone was young. Then when I opened my eyes again, it's 17 years later. Not to mention I am physically 10 years younger than everyone else, so I feel this weird age difference that's not actually there.

What do you make of all this... any theories? I need something plausible to take into a doctor, otherwise I know where that will go. I can't even think of what to search for on Google.

I learned that drugs are drugs. It doesn't matter if they're illegal or prescription, if they'll do what you need them to do, then what does it matter? People can get addicted and just as messed up on prescriptions like OxyContin or Vicodin. I was using Ecstasy in January. I was in so much pain I wanted to commit suicide. Ecstasy, although it merely felt like a cup of coffee without the jitteriness, it helped keep those nasty thoughts away. You wouldn't believe the slack for that. Hahaha! It did what I needed it to do.

All the symptoms that can be categorized as weird have to be connected to one cause or illness. I wouldn't have all these random things that were so weird. I'm accepted into the genetics program at UBC; but, it could be a year before my appointment. The purpose is to find out the type of Ehlers-Danlos that I have. I just don't want to wait that long to start inquiring. I want to get drunk, damnit! Hahahaha! Where's House when you need him?

You know... of all the problems I could have ever dreamed of having when I was younger, not being able to get drunk, high, and stoned was definitely not something I ever could have imagined in my wildest dreams.

... and Mr. Chapell freaked out about Bart Simpson t-shirts. LOL! Who'd ever imagine going through puberty at 26? Sometimes I think I'm just not destined to live a normal life.

There's nothing I have worked harder for than to be normal and to have a boring mundane life. But, as for someone who saw a kid go splat like a bug on the windshield of a minivan in front of Palmer, I have a feeling the cosmic forces of the universe won't cooperate. That was 1998. Some kid who just graduated high school did a jump off the curb on his bike and flew strait into a minivan.

If the dresscode banned blue bowling bags, then there'd be problems, eh? Remember we both went back to visit Palmer the following September at the same time. We saw Ms. Tijman.

But, why? I don't remember a school dress code in grade 10; I probably just wasn't paying attention because it didn't affect me. I do remember the last few months of grade 10, they started renovating the school; they started painting, and they were testing out a new intercom system with all these silly ringing sounds, and there were all sorts of glitches.

Bare shoulders being riskee is so funny because it's just so tame compared to today. I remember in the mid 90s when the big thing was to have your jeans hanging halfway down your waste with your boxers showing. Now, *THAT* was fashion! I didn't join in. I decided to show my age, and keep my underpants hidden.

No wait... I'm beginning to remember something. I don't remember the dress code; but, I remember sitting in homeroom thinking that I didn't like what I was hearing and if this is was a sign of things to come, I was glad to be getting out of there when I was.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home