Thursday, September 17, 2009

Butt rot and bottom gas, eh? Why am I not surprised?

Candy had to call me JUST when Billie and I were going to leave the apartment, so I told her that I was on my way out. She wished me a happy one, however. Steph called me pretty early at 6:30, so after introducing her to Billie, we decided to kill time at London Drugs - no car wash for us! Discussed swearing, Austin, Michael Jackson's death affecting Iran news, forgetting stuff, dangerous traffic maneuvers, and other things. Looked at various food items, Burt's Bees, clothing, ARCHIE comics, various magazines, and other things for an effective time-kill, hehe.

Jon and Harmony showed up late, Christon and Jeremy were already there, and Eric / Teunis showed up a little later than we did. The table was ridiculously big - I TOLD THEM ONLY TEN PEOPLE when I made the reservation, man! (but they HAD to upsize it... sigh!) Discussed Brent / Danielle / hockey pools, "DRUNK! / OLD!" teasing, beer, Rickard's Red, splitting a martini, ice wine / mead, Mom being a cheap drunk (and what she did at Megan and Andy's wedding!), haggis, real estate, offers, salad, wing nights on Wednesdays, a facilitator and jalapeno sauce in a little cake, teachers, Sean Connery, and more. Apparently, Steph went out to Kelsey's a lot in Regina - she also recounted the FREEZING conditions there!

Christon and Steph got me the same thing, only in slightly differing denominations - yay for Chapters gift cards, which I could use to totally offset the cost of An Echo in the Bone x2 (Diana Gabaldon) next week, haha. Jon and Harmony got me Butt Rot and Bottom Gas: A Glossary of Tragically Misunderstood Words (Eric Groves, Sr.) and one I Must Be Allergic To Idiots mini pack of Kleenex. It was an interesting dinner - salads, hearty pastrami sandwiches, burgers, apple / blueberry crumbles, chocolate desserts, and more! On the way to my place, Steph and I discussed Grandma's sister coming to visit from October 5 to 7. Mom apparently assumed Steph was free to drive them around - good thing Steph checked, since she can't! Maybe it's fine that I don't drive, otherwise I'd have to do it...

Stopped to get gas, and then she dropped me off. Teunis then spent some time dragging ALL his stuff to my door - four tubs, clothes, instruments, food, books, computer stuff, and more. I find it quirky that his friend has the same name as the Fleetwood Mac song that I'm listening to right now. Got online to find birthday wishes from Auntie Susan, Adam, Vanessa, Alicia, Julie, Wesley, Hien, and Karen. It was a good night out, for sure!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home