Sunday, August 30, 2009

Erin and Ben's wedding wasn't in TAIWAN, Grandma... and no, you're not living with me!

I didn't say much to my dad or grandma this morning, but did get a bag of stuff from them. It contained one of my library books that I must have left at the townhouse, a London double-decker bus keychain, Kenco smooth roast coffee grounds x3, Princess Cruises chocolate squares, Cadbury instant hot chocolate, some Haribo wine gums (which Amanda thought I'd share with her later - NO!), a pin, assorted candy, light underwear, a light blue watch (so not my color!), and some other stuff. I bet Jon and Harmony's Glenfiddich cost more ALONE than the things I got! Thought I should have brought the new Hilroy notebook as a guestbook to the housewarming yesterday (it would have seen much use!), but I'll give it to Jon and Harmony tonight! (told Harmony about it... the book can be stored unobtrusively on a bookshelf somewhere!) I pressed the second-floor button in the elevator for Grandma, but she got out on the first floor - I guess it was okay, since she later saw Mrs. Tang on the way upstairs. (Steph later told me that she always does this!)

Saw Sam and others back from their cruise, so cleared things up with him regarding my accidental phone call on Friday afternoon. Talked to Harmony briefly about the cleanup - they'd finished at 12:30, which wasn't too bad. She says she might come out to the Night Market tonight for kicks, so that's good. Saw FM, but resolved to speak to him later. Said hi to Danielle when she came, as well as Megan and Connor - they're so cute! FM spoke some Chinese to us - imagine, a black guy speaking Chinese! He's in Richmond Hill now, and is also a chaplain with the York Provincial Police - too bad Steph wasn't her, haha. Later, I talked to Eric and Nathan for a bit - Nathan was interrupted by people while he was trying to say hi to FM, heh.

Eventually, we all got our chance! Auntie Catherine reminded FM about who I was, but of course he remembers me from his church internship of 1992-1995! He said it was strange to see my brother playing piano - and he's married now, too! Gave me a business card for my sister (I copied down the email address and such before giving it to her later), and says he rides around with the officers in their cruisers, and knows what they're going through. Cool stuff!

After that, I went to the front of the church to see if I could find Ada - found her husband John, who said that she was just taking Ian and Sean upstairs to Sunday School. Bumped into her two seconds later, and asked if she could drive me to the Awana orientation (NOT the training!) on Saturday - she can, so that was another goal accomplished! Talked to Nathan and secured a ride to the Night Market tonight, so that was good - told the ugfart, who hadn't seemed impressed when I asked HIM for one earlier! Carpooling is a good idea, for sure! Later, Harmony had to get going to a barbecue, so I headed upstairs.

Auntie Bessy was with the kids, and I heard that Auntie Fonda was taking a break from teaching; fair enough! We were in the middle of the singing when Dad came to collect me - gave five Oreo cookies to Hien downstairs after taking one for myself. Picked up Mom and Steph from the airport before going to Tsim Chai for lunch, which had Grandma confused - "why are we at the airport?" indeed. While they were telling us about Erin's wedding (and after Steph had specifically mentioned a bunch of Erin's relatives by name), Grandma then thought that they'd gone to some famous mountain in Taiwan! What the heck... Uncle Eric's family is from Singapore, so they wouldn't have been in Taiwan for an ultra-destination wedding anyway!

Talked about the terrible Ottawa food, hair and makeup, brutal honesty ("your hair looks TERRIBLE!"), being stressed-out, getting parents out of Erin's sight, Erin and Ben's different views on their five-bedroom house, interesting singing, an arrogant ugly horrible groomsman, various relatives, Auntie Paula outlasting her grandson Darren on the dance floor, and plenty of other stuff. "This lady was hit by an ambulance, and she's still very celebratory!" Good thing Steph packed for seeing Chantal BEFORE leaving for Ottawa - less stress, for sure. Mom thinks Grandma can now live with me since she can't really handle stairs - apparently, she tripped last night while going upstairs. While that's unfortunate, I don't think I can handle it... definitely not after the last two weeks!

When I got home, I decided to decorate Jon and Harmony's new guestbook. The stickers wouldn't stay on the front cover, so I had to use whiteout instead! "J + H HI!" should be pretty much self-explanatory, kinda. Called Billie to spontaneously invite her to the Night Market - we'll see, since she was at Metrotown to watch a movie! Her friend lives in Richmond, though... maybe, maybe not!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home