Thursday, August 27, 2009

Too bad you can't get rid of a heavy TV that easily!

Dallas came and took away his four heavy boxes (one for a printer), pancake mix, a heavy large blue suitcase with wheels (it turned out to contain his books), utensils, a dark blue basket, mouthwash, a huge strainer, toothbrushes, razors, Alberto styling gel, pens, rubber bands, a rather large knife in a huge bag (an eight-inch Forged Chef Knife from EarthChef), soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, huge Ziploc bags, a computer mouse, and sandals. Since he was here anyway, I asked him to take away the huge non-working TV (stupid Korey probably KNEW it didn't work when Eric and Ron hauled it over here) - he agreed to that, and the "spare" (non-working) monitors. Yes, I know he's moving... but who else can I get to take them away?!

He was back a little later with his blue suitcase (which now wouldn't fit into the car), and said that the superintendent (Hester, I assume) wouldn't let them just put the TV by the dumpster. I guess the best time to "illegally" dispose of such items is late at night when nobody else is around, but I don't have that option! Good thing Harmony was waiting in the car (Jon was teaching), so he guessed they'd be back at 7 from the recycling centre on #2 Rd. Unfortunately, they were back at 6:30 with the news that the depot closed at 6:15... maybe next time! (and I'd JUST popped a cookie into my mouth when they called... how annoying!)

Asked Harmony whether she'd be at Fellowship tomorrow - she has a high school reunion, so she won't be there. I could have given her the mail, but forgot - Sunday, probably. I'll probably see her on Saturday at the housewarming! Dallas is sharing an apartment space with another guy, and it's near Kwantlen / Garden City and the 480 bus route. Toronto was pretty hot, he said... but he also heard that we had a heatwave here also... you bet!


Facebook quiz taken from Hannah:

Leslie took the Are you Korean, Chinese, Japanese, or None? quiz and the result is Chinese. You are Chinese! You dress very Fob and very Asian, you like to eat rice, and you drink herbal tea or bitter medicines when you are feeling sick. Your parents are very loud, and like to go to Chinatown a lot! (I don't dress FOBBY... I hope!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home