Friday, August 28, 2009

Why am I not surprised that you're going to Port McNeill again?!

Jon called me back when I was getting up from a nap, so we talked for a few minutes about raw emotions / contact, obsession, Ryan, Alison, Eric, a perfidious blackguard, the housewarming, compensation, being nice / the bus depot, and Harmony's high school reunion. Should be interesting for him tonight, at any rate! Later, I took a shower... I got out to find two calls from Eric, so I called him back. "You're alive! I thought you'd fallen and couldn't get up!" Not today, man! So I met him in two minutes for a crazy ride, hahaha. (should have brought a jacket since it was kinda cool outside...) We discussed playing "chicken" with the car, whether I had a plate for the crackers / cheese (no), the church kitchen possibly having plates by now, The Stupid Idiot, their Victoria friends Ryan and Alison whom I met in February 2008 (her parents have a place here), the housewarming, and Port McNeill.

Eric wanted to keep his own receipts, so I let him do it - I just put mine in my pocket so I wouldn't forget to give it to him later! He was surprised that I put the cheese in my knapsack - well, where did you THINK it went?! While waiting at the crosswalk at the church, he somehow recognized Shally from across the street - all I saw was this pink thing! (maybe I need to get my eyes checked...) So he waved, and I asked who that was. Lo and behold, Danielle came up behind us and said hi - then Eric asked if SHE were also a pink thing. Of course not, since I saw her perfectly clearly - then we had to explain because Danielle was wondering what was going on! We went into the church (seeing a barbecue going on), while I got Eric to take my knapsack since I was refilling my water bottle at the cooler.

Found him in the kitchen, holding up a Ziploc bag of Oreos - no, of course those aren't the crackers! (CRAZY!) He would have said something for sure if I'd told them that those were to spoil the Sunday School kids with, hahaha. I took the actual crackers and cheese out, and told him that I wasn't going to eat the peppers on the cutting board! He looked at the ingredients, and verified that he could eat them, although he wondered about the organic alcohol in the list! So did I... I remembered that Jeremy's in Kelowna or somewhere on a family trip before his brother Mark goes to Queens, so I can't ask him about it. Maybe I'll ask Jon sometime! Later, I saw Eric with some on his plate, so he did try 'em.

Went upstairs soon after verifying with Eric that the refreshments were to be served before Bible Study - sat by a bunch of the girls, so YAY! Saw Gillis playing the keyboards; too bad I couldn't say hi to him later, particularly since he was the only other person in a room with a perfidious blackguard! Maybe next time! Had a bit of refreshment time, so talked to Jen / Cindy / Connie / Andrea / Eric about my backpack being a possible weapon with the Bible in there, freezing cherries, frozen blueberries (I should totally buy some to freeze on Monday if they're on sale!), the organic crackers (MY CONTRIBUTION!), plums, cute little apples, all my emails, the weight in a purse / knapsack adding up with everything you stash in there, being blocked from getting out, and cooling the cheese in the fridge. (that didn't happen, as Christon's Bible Study group commandeered the plate for their group)

I said "Excuse us" to Randal in a polite manner, since he WAS blocking our access. Suppose I didn't have to wear my knapsack during refreshments, but it's okay. Teresa asked me, Kevin, and Eric if we had change for a $10 - I had $8 in toonies and two $20 bills, plus change; Eric didn't at first, but then remembered the Fellowship money bag; Kevin did. Weird! When I gave my London Drugs receipt to Eric, he wondered why I was buying pink Sharpies. Hey, you have something against that, buddy? Thank goodness I wasn't buying anything of a TMI nature like I have at other times! (especially this one time last July...)

In Bible Study, I talked to Lesley / Eric / Kevin / Danielle / Dylan / Johnny / Vanessa / Cindy about Steph's whereabouts, Erin / Megan / Jon all getting married this year when they were all born in the same year, Psalm 23, surreal things, cancer (apparently Randal's mom has it), Martin, accidents, Erin's wedding rehearsal being tonight, enemies, bullies, Dylan's wedding being just two weeks away, different Bible translations, fears, and squash. Talked about how our group had to bring LOTS of salad for next week's barbecue (Lesley should bring some that she knows the exact prices of!), Steven / Darryl / Richard Tong (Cindy's mom knows their mom, who used to mow our old church's lawn!), and Kevin's spicy chai tea. Too bad I couldn't have any because it was on the other end of the table!

After we were done, we all loitered / waited outside our room door because one group didn't seem to be finished yet! Some people tried STARING into the door (it has a window to look in the room), but I don't think that worked. When they were finally done, Eric and I went in there to take the cheese and crackers - you bet I was prepared with a Ziploc bag for the rest of the crackers! Talked to Janette and Christon very briefly before we left - I refilled my water bottle again on our way out.

Discussed being a frakkin' Cylon, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, where Nathan / Jon / Harmony were, high school reunions, toasters, old red Twist Ties / bag clips, the rain which started on the way home, noses, Kleenex, asking my sister about various things, traffic, Andrea NOT being my secret lover, SLOW limos in front of us (LJET-56 was the license plate), attracting certain people (he doesn't want to attract The Stupid Idiot), "sour face" comments, Gillis, Jon's phone call, age rules, and stuff. Who knows if it'll be lunch, snack, or dinner with some people... we'll see what happens tomorrow! Eric saw the Happy May Child Care Centre, and made a comment about how I worked there because I wanted to turn the kids into SLB meat... um, no! I'm morbid, but not THAT crazy! Maybe another person, which also doesn't mean I want to eat HIM up - I'll just give the ground-up meat to others! That reminds me of at least two serial killer cases, muhahaha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home