Sunday, August 30, 2009

Housewarming with durian, Grand Marnier, and more!

This thing just restarted for the first time since I've been back! What the hell.

Was at Jon and Harmony's around 5 or so (Karina recognized me when I was walking to the house!), and said hi to them, a couple of their friends, Christon, and Dallas. Gave Harmony her mail from the townhouse - it was some gala thing. Ignored Randal and Raymond, who probably came TOGETHER! People were watching baseball, eating peppers / cheese / cheddar / crackers / cheesy eggplant dip / more, and just chatting. Talked to Dilys, Jeremy, Vanessa, Connie, Nathan, Dylan (who took the beef jerky underpants with him when he left), Deb, Lori, Eric, Isabel, Joey, Patricia, Auntie Wing, Uncle Joe, and others when they dropped by. We were discussing foot-long sausages (which Jeremy said are OBSCENE - I agree), when a certain perfidious blackguard brought up foot-WIDE sausages. I reflexively said "EWWWW!" before I registered who said it... :(

Eric left early since he had a dinner with Ryan and Alison, so he wanted to know if he should drive me to the Canada Line. By that point, it was my goal to outstay Raymond (maybe Randal had already left), so I declined - I thought I'd just transit back home. I achieved this goal maybe half an hour or so later, so YAY! Peter and Holly dropped by at 10 or so, and I asked if they could give me a ride home - good timing, said my brother. We discussed Taiwan since a couple of Jon and Harmony's friends had a wedding reception there, some North Van stories courtesy of Citrus (blood!), blogs, the UK, Queens, Sam's farewell, the Canada Line, MuchMusic / BIG SHINY TUNES 2, the Night Market, the Magic Bullet ("the best wedding gift EVER!"), insects, coconut macaroons, melting cream puffs, many weddings, the summer, church, watermelon shakes, running, mint, ginger, the piano, furniture and bookshelves from Craigslist and other people, and giving leftover wine / durian to their landlords!

Talked about Emily and separation anxiety, VBS, Awana, mixing Grand Marnier / chocolate / cream in with durian shakes (no banana / cheese / cilantro!), Flying Wedge pizza (real food!), the airport, German apple cake, TALKING WOODSTOCK, cacti, being crazy on alcohol, and more. People were asking where Steph was, so we told them. Auntie Wing wondered where my dad was, then - Jon and I weren't surprised that he didn't drop by with Grandma, hahaha. Apparently, Francis Mpindu is coming to speak tomorrow - IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE HE WAS OUR PASTOR! He bought our family's old blue car from us when he was here from Zimbabwe, and apparently his accent was so thick that my brother hung up on him twice since Jon thought he had the wrong number when he wanted to speak to my dad! After FM was here, he went to Ottawa - nothing controversial like there was with Pastor Glen, and I confirmed my brother's memories since I'd have remembered more than he would have in the mid-1990s.

For some reason, we were talking about beer - I said that Mom had thought Jon would be an alcoholic! Jeremy said, "Yeah... and then she blamed ME!" Jon remembered that, all right: "Jeremy is a BAD INFLUENCE!" At least she's quit blaming Jeremy, who didn't really start drinking till JON did! Got home at 11 to find an email from my dad timestamped at 7:35 - um, calling him before 9 was not possible! So then I called him ten minutes later; he didn't sound too impressed that I'd JUST gotten home from Jon and Harmony's! Good thing I had a ride, otherwise I'd have been home even LATER. Sheesh! I also thought that I'd sensed the start of redrum, and I was right... I hope it DOES NOT go for two weeks like last time! (pain already?!) There go another pair of underwear that I'm too lazy to wash out... thank goodness I was wearing my jeans, though! (I should get them a GUESTBOOK!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home