Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm racist because I'd lock my doors for SAFETY?! / Poo saves a life!

High-scoring word of the night:

GRISTLY (146 points) - against Kathy T. [4W used twice, hook off ASTEROID for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


I was looking at Craigslist ads earlier tonight, and called a number for a $500 one-bedroom basement suite which includes basic cable, cable Internet, hydro, gas, electricity, plus a common kitchen / bathroom / laundry. The female who answered the phone asked if I spoke Chinese: not very much of it, no. I'm concerned this could be seen as a strike against me; even though it's illegal to discriminate against people for this reason, I'm sure it happens since people have their preferences. I said I'd take a look at the suite tomorrow afternoon (she's looking for two people for two bedrooms) - I hope I have a private entrance!

Unlike last time when I said I'd look at a place, I know where the street is located, and it's very easy to get there by bus! (Anna wanted me to come RIGHT NOW, but I didn't think it would be wise at 9:30 PM... :P) Tomorrow afternoon before the bridal shower will be better, for sure! I've heard more mice this evening, as well: perhaps I was better off a few days ago when I couldn't hear a darn thing, heh. I also found the phone number (in Harmony's notebook) which corresponded to that $525 bedroom suite from a couple weeks ago, but I can't call past 10 as it wouldn't be polite... tomorrow or (more likely) Tuesday, perhaps.

Found another suite: this one is near Ironwood (for $650) and includes cable, parking, laundry, hydro, a full bathroom, stove, fridge, and heat. Then there are the $425 suites in a newly-renovated house which include shared washroom / kitchen / living room (Internet access is provided), but I must be able to provide references. Maybe Barry is good for that, heh. Yet another ad promises a "bright and beautiful" $700 one-bedroom suite including utilities / cable / wireless Internet which has "very clean and new appliances." Another ad says there's a $680 two-bedroom apartment shared by "two cute girls" which is across the street from Lansdowne Mall, heh. There's a $700 two-bedroom suite for rent, but there's no laundry. If I don't have to, I wouldn't want to lug laundry all the time!

There's a $700 one-bedroom furnished suite which includes hydro and Internet; however, I want to avoid the bedbug scourge as much as possible! Found an ad for a $700 ground level in a house - laundry is shared with the family, hydro and gas is 40% of the total house bill, and it includes kitchen / living room / full bathroom. Another $625 rental ad presumes you only have to do laundry once every two weeks... as if I'd take that one! (Korey would NEVER have survived in such an environment, since he wanted me to do his laundry like every other day...)


Leslie's just got their Nickname Name. I just got my Nickname Name. It's BellyJeans.

Facebook quizzes taken from Jessica G., Michael M., Jane, and Gretchen:

Leslie took the What type of person are you in class? quiz and the result is class doofus. You don't listen in class, which makes you not know what's going on and what's for homework. It's not that you don't care about homework... you just don't listen. (I did SO listen in class! :P)

Leslie took the Which 80's Toy Are You? quiz and the result is Lite Brite. Organized, orderly, and a little finicky, you like pretty pictures and keep your pegs in order. You know you only have one chance to get things perfect, or you've wasted the whole sheet of special black paper! No pressure!

Leslie took the How Racist Are You? quiz and got the result: 12% Percent Racist. (I fail to understand what's so "sweet" about this result. Am I really 12% racist because I'd lock my doors? It's called a GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTION that I'd take in ANY neighborhood... not a "OH CRAP! Black people must all be in gangs and mobs, so I should lock my doors!" precaution! Stupid quiz...)

Leslie took the what do people first notice about you? quiz and the result is your smile. As soon as people look at you, they automatically as dazzled by your great smile! You have the ability to light up an entire room! Your wonderful smile is what gets you noticed!


Poo nugget for Monday, June 22: Soft Landing - In 2007, a Chinese woman survived a six-story fall when she landed in a massive pile of poo. The woman had been hanging laundry on her Nanjing balcony when she lost her balance and tumbled over into the mess, which workers had just cleared out of a septic tank after complaints about the smell. Amazingly, she suffered only minor injuries.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home