Sunday, June 21, 2009

I didn't know you could throw up from crying really hard!

Steph and the family picked me up for church this morning, so I gave Dad his Father's Day card signed by only me and Harmony! She wondered why Jon hadn't signed it - because he had been driving us to church that day, I believe! Told her that Pearl Castle was coming to Richmond Centre soon - yay for good bubble tea! Mom tried making me think that Dad wanted to bus home with me, when he isn't a bus type of person... BAD! She also thought that Julie couldn't go somewhere with Isabel in a week because of her mother; reminds me of the time she thought Maxine couldn't go to Summer Conference since she was pregnant with Joshua at the time! After that, she asked me again whether Jon and Harmony had emailed me this week from the honeymoon - definitely not! Steph believes that they only emailed Mom and Auntie Wing since mothers worry! (discussed this with Karen and Lincoln later on) Then she asked who I was cooking rice for yesterday: uh, myself?! She was also under the delusion that I'd been talking to Eric Ho in a yellow shirt at church last week: NO! I think she makes up her own reality sometimes... *sigh*

Got into service late, so I sat by Jeremy, who waved to me. I smiled back, of course. Later, I talked to Chrystal - we'd want to take advantage of the early bird deal on Awana registration too, if we were parents! We haven't set up another hangout date since her week also looks busy, but that's okay - we can talk on Saturday about it! Speaking of Saturday, Alan and Tracy made an announcement about their wedding that day - Tracy didn't know what to say, but Alan didn't really help her much, haha. Talked to Wes and Esther for a bit - it's true that their honeymoon to Thailand was a long time ago, but it's equally as exotic as Vienna / Prague / Budapest, heh. Also confirmed with Cindy that I should be at church before 6-ish tomorrow for Megan's bridal shower, which should be doable if the buses cooperate!

I saw Nathan busily talking to Chuck, so I tapped him on the back to say that I'd need to talk to him later. Saw Audrey for the first time in months, so I greeted her - she's engaged now, too. Her boyfriend proposed to her at last week's Anime Convention, and the music they've chosen so far (or their friends have chosen) is from video games! Sounds good to me if that's what they like! Interacted with the kids before I was a bit too enthusiastic about dumping leftover water / pouring lemonade. It was outside, so it would dry - no problem, man! Eunice and Isaac said hi, while Noah seemed shy when I asked if he would like a Rice Krispie Square. Then again, his big brother Benjamin got the same kind of response! I believe Billy satisfied him with a cracker or grapes. Discussed laundry and such with Eric and Jeremy, as well. Everyone wouldn't go into the fellowship hall if there wasn't any food, haha. Maxine got it from the kitchen, with her two sons following close behind.

Asked Quan where her sister was - two feet away from me! Showed Hien the "WHATEVER" shirt, and told her the story behind it and the COUGAR shirt: cute stories, and props to my mom INDEED, haha. Finally talked to Nathan (with the perfidious blackguard looking on) about what Chinese Eric had said on Friday. Phone tag is fine, I guess. Eric isn't much for email, but I'm guessing I'll hear from him tomorrow sometime, or maybe even the next day. Dylan gave me a wedding invitation for me and Steph, and I'll let her know about it if I see her on Tuesday for that townhouse seafood dinner with Auntie Lana and Uncle Simon. I am definitely NOT going to accompany Grandma to her 8 AM appointment at the Diamond Centre... that place is WAY TOO HARD to find, and 8 AM just doesn't work for me personally. Yes, I know that sometimes you have to accommodate other people and appointment times, but still. Not sure that my sister is too enthused about it, either...

I eventually made my way to Sunday School, and encountered two new kids (Grace and Richard, who looks like he's special-needs) along with the twins David and Evelyn / Amanda / Arthur. One of them practically threw up because she was crying VERY hard since she missed her mom. Her brother just wanted to put everything (like crayons) into his mouth, and kept taking other kids' toys. Thank goodness for disinfectant wipes, dude! Amanda alerted me and Auntie Bessy to things, which was very helpful. Evelyn likes Dora the Explorer books, haha. I spent some time writing down the kiddy books' ISBN numbers so I could be accurate in recording them for my Visual Bookshelf when I have the time later. Emily, Nina, and Gerard hung around later when they were waiting for Auntie Bessy to drive them home. Nina asked me why I walked the way I did, so I told her that I was born like that. She then told me that she'd had three operations on her eyes already - wow! I told Auntie Bessy that I'd stay with Arthur to wait for his mom since I knew the kids wanted to go home already. I'd just have to wait for my dad downstairs, anyway... she appreciated it a lot, yay! (she also said I was smart and read books as a kid in Sunday School)

When the mother got there, she said she wasn't there last week since her father had died. Of course, I automatically said I was sorry even though it's peaceful now that everything is done and over with! Arthur actually spoke to me when I asked him questions: yes, it was his blue toy car; no, he didn't want to finish the coffee-flavored wafer. COOL! When I saw the mailboxes by the elevator, I was reminded of what I'd said on Monday evening during the Committee meeting: I'll bring the Fellowship stamps and blank cards whenever I remember, haha. (actually just made a note to myself... maybe I'll bring them tomorrow evening, but I might not be able to get upstairs!) I went downstairs and said hi to a bunch of people. Cindy was a witness to my and Vanessa's annoying discovery that the downstairs washroom doors wouldn't close properly.

The family had lunch at Mui's (a break from Alan and Polly's "obsession" with Tsui Woo!), and we saw Gabriel's family there too. I reminded Mom that Terrence is also due to hit town this week, and of course she'd completely forgotten. She wants me to offer my place to Terrence temporarily because of the craziness involved with Jon and Harmony coming back from the honeymoon and moving their belongings. We'll see what he says! (she'll discuss it with Steph - Terrence can entertain himself quite well, I'm told) Discussed Jonathan's liking Mui's... I bet his parents don't have this kind of Chinese food all the way out on PEI! Grandma is apparently going to Summer Conference next week, which is fine. Mom will have a BREAK, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home