Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The air vents in the fellowship hall are very amusing!

Managed to make it to Vancouver on the bus in plenty of time to show up for the bridal shower, so I had a ham and cheese wrap at Blenz while finishing up yesterday's lemonade. I was about to get off at the old church bus stop, but remembered that I shouldn't. Got to church, to find Cindy trying to open the door. I helped by ringing the doorbell, to no avail. Apparently, there was nobody in there. I told her to call my dad, but instead she had a conversation with my grandma since he wasn't home yet! Fidela came up and asked what was going on. When she got there a few minutes later, Auntie Catherine said that Auntie Ying was actually in the kitchen. Finally, we were let in by an apologetic Auntie Ying. I helped with wasabi, soy sauce, chairs, and music selection: Norah Jones over Celine Dion, man!

Talked to Sandra, Amanda, Winnie (who is pregnant again), little Megan (who was rather taken with the air vents), Vanessa, Jenny (who feels better from her pneumonia), Auntie Gloria, Auntie Anna (I'm her BABY?!), Auntie Bessy, Jocelyn, Bryant's girlfriend Shirley, Fidela, Chrystal, Emily, and the others there. Auntie Stella says that Alan, Tracy, Eunice, and Eddie were doing wedding stuff tonight. Auntie Brenda says that at least she doesn't have to do anything for Erin's wedding in August, heh. I told little Megan to show Karen what the vent did to her dress: it made it BILLOW! She loved it - hours of entertainment for the child! (she also loved the blue balloons and the colorful fine markers - Cindy also had 90 gel pens that she got for $28!) Also, the two Megans have the same English and Chinese name, in a pure coincidence. Speaking of coincidence, Cindy had brought the wedding invitation to the Dairy Queen, hoping she might use the image on the ice cream cake. The person in front of her was also going to Andy and Megan's wedding! We played games - the makeup game was fun, but I missed some of it due to my dad phoning Lesley's cell phone to alert me to the fact that Terrence had to stay at my place. Yes, I knew... I wasn't home or available!

Amanda was taking pictures of the fellowship hall since her husband Michael has never been there before. I was going to get Sandra's email address so I could send her some wedding pictures, but forgot. Her husband Larry was very surprised when she told him that Jon was getting married; she'd heard from Steph a few days before the wedding. Ah, lots of memories... Fidela and Chrystal swapped Korea stories, and Fidela told us that the most wedding party members she'd ever seen at a wedding involved TWENTY groomsmen and TEN bridesmaids! WHOA! Got a ride home with Andrea (saw Edmond / Alysia / Michael / Juliana / Eric T.), which was good. A bit later, Terrence got here: we talked about Singapore, Facebook, photos, the church, FAMILY GUY, Shanghai, pizza, breakfast tomorrow (his treat since I'm putting him up for a few days), and the Food Network. It's cool!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home