Wednesday, August 20, 2008

She won by five points, so I started the next game with FIVE!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

YTTRIA (144 points) - against Barb F. [two 4W]
UPSIZED (116 points; two 2W, plus a 2L on Z), HERBY (104 points; 4W and 2W) - against Shelley R.-B.
VISTA (130 points) - against Grace A. [two 4W]
AIRY (136 points) - against Pat K. [two 4W, plus a hook off EXIT]
QUAG (96 points; 2W, plus a 3L on Q), LAGOON (144 points; two 4W) - against Steve L.
SHINED (640 points) - against Jono M. [three 4W]


Angela V. won one of our games by five points only, so I started another one. My starting word happened to be FIVE, haha - great synchronicity! In a game with Angela W., I had to resign - we were passing turns since the board was VERY closed. She thought it was SOWPODS when it was really TWL, and she was also waiting for an H to start a brand new row. However, both of the H tiles had been used! Nothing to do in that case except for me to resign (she was winning anyhow), and start a new game! (and I love taking care of people's Growing Gifts gardens, now that I've figured out HOW to get rid of bugs / pull weeds / give sunlight - got TWO random flowers out of that, haha!)

Karen also reminded me about our Oakridge White Spot lunch date tomorrow at 1 - PHEW! I would have forgotten otherwise! :( [Dylan reminded me about his other email address, too! I was about to email him when he called... then I rushed around to try answering the phone, and pressed DELETE instead of DIAL! ARGH! Yes, I know it's not Dylan's fault. He just doesn't know he called at a bad time!] He just wanted to let me know about Kevin; we also discussed Karen, Andrea, Sheena, Calla, Vanessa, Vivian, Dianne, Cindy, Megan, and Connie. Jon FINALLY forwarded me the email Ben sent everyone about his and Erin's engagement: thank goodness for Gmail chat reminders! (wasn't gonna dig through my Yahoo spam for it!) He says we're having a Sunday Dinner at Alan's this week. Highlight of the email: "Alan, let me know if this is okay." HAHAHA, oh dear! What if it's not? :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home