Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm not sure you should take your brother to Wreck Beach...

On the way to church, my mom was knitting a wedding throw for Harmony, which was thoughtful. Told Jon that Adam was working at the PNE, and his brother Andrew had asked me what was up on MSN right before I left this morning! (I was thinking about people, big shirts, not putting up with stuff, and getting away!) At church, I was happy to sit by Jeremy and Raymond - we admired Jeremy's good use of shading for his version of the new church logo. Raymond had submitted one to my dad, but that was before the criteria appeared in the bulletin - he forgot the church name, so it looked generic! We discussed a wedding he'd been to yesterday, a unity candle taper being really wobbling and almost lighting a table on fire, and my hangout! Saw Henry for the first time in ages, so talked to him - work and intense summer courses for him! Phil discussed flowers, Grace, laws, and more in his sermon. Jeremy told me that work was NUTS (45 hours of overtime?!), and that he'd be in Dallas from Thursday to next Wednesday... you're gonna need the air-conditioned malls in that area, buddy! (I can't find the minutes I'm supposed to type up - WHAT THE HECK?!)

Went to the parking lot, where I asked Raymond and Johnny if they got my email about Tony eating a LOT of SLB - they had. Calla said that there were thundershowers in Burnaby this morning, and I thought she was kidding! Jeremy found some shade, so we made a cozy group among the shadows. Johnny figured the theme was pink, since he and Stanford were wearing that color. Fidela said that she got birthday wishes ALREADY on Facebook (like Jesse) - she gets early wishes in case the person forgets, a whole slew of them on the day (tomorrow - like Ray / Lanie / Pat / Darren, all on Facebook!), and then there are the ones who get to your page LATE! Guess I should be prepared for that in about a month's time, haha. (coming up already?!) Asked Dylan about committee meeting tomorrow - he said he liked my Sunday hat with white trim (the same one that Sonny likes), and said it would be at Pastor John's house. Even better - I need to get my mind off certain things! Speaking of hats, J-Mak and Vania both liked it as well. Jason was joking (?) that I should lend him the NHL 50th All-Star hat, heh. Hey, I once gave him some flaxseed bread... but that might be a bit crazy!

Helped Auntie Tracy with the preschool kids, since it didn't seem like any toddlers were coming. Sean said "WAITING!" to me, and identified some things by picture - bread, cheese, towel, milk, home, etc. Noah talked a bit to me, as well - that's sweet, since he's shy / quiet normally. Talked to Ian, Andrew, Michelle (Melia says Awana starts in October!), and some other people later. Good thing I can't foresee anything that would require me to be away for more than two consecutive weeks in the upcoming year, haha. Hien didn't like the photo of me and Adam with her in the background - she HATES those types of shots! No wonder she commented with a REALLY surprised emoticon, haha!

Got drawn into discussing the PNE with Sonny - when I spied Tony, I said hi to him. "Yes, I know... Sonny's bored. Your brother just told me!" That's for sure! Discussed (unique) Vancouver attractions and such... PNE, the Grouse Grind ("replicate the crappy experience by going up and down a staircase a few times, then take the elevator as a gondola down!"), Granville Island and the expensive grocery shopping there, the Seabus, GO FISH!, fresh fish from the wharf, GOOD sushi, Wreck Beach, the Whip ("he doesn't need to order alcohol - just iced tea!"), Metrotown, the library, Greek / Italian / Salvadorean food, the Night Market, etc. (Sheena and Raymond contributed to Jeremy's discussions!) Had lunch with my family at #9, and then got home shortly afterwards - Billie feels better, and wants to go to Richmond to hang out since she's totally free. Sounds good to me! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home