Sunday, June 01, 2008

That was officially the shortest meeting ever!

Went to church this morning with my sister, and we discussed my grandma in her presence. We noted (lack of) punctuation on signs: the one at Fitness World about a summer shape-up program reads like a huge block of text (which we both dislike on the Internet too), and the one at Kensington Community Centre / Park is just "Summer Daycamp! Register Now!" Said hi to Martin while talking about The Message / NIV parallel translations, and asked Jeremy how the dinner on Friday went. That didn't happen, and he found that the plans were different after Johnny went to his place - turns out Dylan didn't read Cindy's email properly! Ah well. Had an interesting Communion where we actively participated - it was better than I thought! Jeremy and I laughed at #7 in the bulletin (SOMETHING IS COMING THAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!), and noticed Vania's stand detach. Joey's laptop blanked out, too - not good! Saw Jason afterwards - his grandpa's death was unexpected, and I'm going to the funeral since I can't tell him NO! It was good to talk to him, though!

Discussed stuff with people outside: Helen K. is expecting again, and is due on Chalaine's and Grace's birthday. I showed her son Nicholas my dragon hat - he seemed to like it! Saw Winnie's baby Connor, and his older sister Megan gave me a couple of rocks. I put them in my pocket since I wasn't going to dump them on the ground in front of her! I gave her a belated birthday card, and had a bit of conversation with her: she was going to try chocolate cookies at home, but Lesley persuaded her to have them now. Said hi to Phil's parents, and was polite enough to my parents' friend Alan. Went to Sunday School, where Auntie Fonda told me that Arthur had had a nosebleed last week - it had suffused his entire face red! Yikes!

Talked to Chrystal after that, and strolled outside to talk to Jeremy / Kevin / Fidela / Steph / Vanessa / Tony / Eric about lunch plans. Meat, yes; carbs and sugar, NO! Went to Pho with my mom and grandma: when I saw Pastor Eunice, I told Grandma that her friend was there. Grandma wasn't surprising me when she said that Pastor Eunice wasn't her friend: "She's your mom's friend since they knew her when they started the church!" How rude! My sibs signed all the cards I gave them at the shortest meeting ever, and we affirmed Phil's calling to be a pastor here at the church he grew up in. Amusement, Quizno's, subs, candy, Portland, $250 worth of books for three people, racing to make it on time, hymns, Mike K. telling Emily L. that he was here at previous meetings (I'd seen him playing STARCRAFT!), Vivian S., gas prices and expense, attendance, Nintendo, and ignoring Facebook stuff - oh my!m

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home