Monday, May 26, 2008

Kumquat liqueur and worry beads, anyone?

Bingos of the night so far:

ROUTEMAN (64 points) - against Michael M.
NERDIEST (59 points) - against Pat K.
URINATE (79 points) - against Vivianne L.
HEATEDLY (84 points) - against Dave H.
BAPTIZES (74 points)), DOWNTIME (67 points), MANDARIN (65 points) - against Emily N. in the same game [record: three bingos in one game!]
SAUTOIRS (64 points) - against Alice P.

I also played QIS off my own QI in another game with Dave H. - yay for quirkiness! Also played QAT off my QAT in a game with Leanne F. Melissa K. did a double QI on me when she placed MAIN off INNERS.


Parents are back from their European cruise! Got cheese from Holland, woven bookmarks from Greece and Turkey (two euros each!), cruise ship chocolate, orange dessert cake that was prepared especially for high-altitude consumption (oh my...), worry beads from Greece (so blue and pretty!), laurel / gardenia / lavender soaps, three bottles of wine, kumquat liqueur from Corfu, and some pictures. They didn't take as many as they'd have liked due to camera quality, but it's cool.

The date for Steph's dinner is Saturday, June 7 - works for me and most others! Emily's volunteered her house for a potluck... but she, Chrystal, and I have Awaner so we'll have to eat dinner a little later. That also works for me! Can't call them to see if I can get a ride since my mom's on the phone to Auntie Eva telling her about the cruise. Maybe later!

Mom later asked me if Grandma KNITTED anything. Due to her accent, I heard "did Grandma NEEDED stuff?" [her saying that would be entirely plausible!] So I said "No, she doesn't need anything since she's in bed." Then my dad said something uncomplimentary toward me, and said that my mom had really uttered "KNITTED." not my fault she has an accent! (but they WERE tired too, so I didn't want to get into an argument with them)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home