Friday, May 30, 2008

Thanks for the call, dude! / MARIO glitches

Hm. Jeremy just called me to make sure the messages didn't get crossed as to what we were doing tonight. Some people thought we'd be meeting at the church, and Dylan / Johnny / whoever else thought we'd be meeting at Jer's place for dinner. He figures that I won't be there since he got me at home: too right! I'll see him on Sunday, anyhow. Back to trying to play various SUPER MARIO games on Nintendo, even though I suck! At least there's nobody around to SEE my suckitude, haha. (and I know that's not a word, but who cares? :P)

Edit at 2122: I seem to have stumbled upon a glitch (according to Corey) since a SUPER MARIO 1 game I'm playing has me at 115 lives in the first level. (it should have me at 5, and 99 at most in the game overall) I was at 120, but gained 2 thanks to 100x coins, and lost 5 thanks to falling into the void by bricks. Reminds me of when my sibs and I played SUPER MARIO 3 as a one-player game with someone mimicking the movements of the main player on the other controller. We noticed a LOT of weird stuff and glitches: green doughnuts, jumping REALLY high, etc. Hmm, very nice!


[21:12:45] Flami: I hate Super Mario 1
[21:12:58] Flami: can't get past 1-2, even if I do have 115 lives, haha
[21:14:32] Corey: Super Mario Bros. cuts you off at 99 lives...
[21:15:03] Corey: I think it might let you have more, but it won't show you more :P Unless you're using some weird version. Also, you suck.
[21:15:56] Flami: I have 115 lives... I lost 5 and gained 2 so far.
[21:16:14] Flami: good thing nobody's here to see how much I suck :P
[21:16:54] Corey: What are you playing it on that it shows 115 lives? I'm pretty sure Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo still only shows 99
[21:20:25] Flami: Eric dropped off his SNES and a few games on Sunday... I think I've stumbled onto a glitch, since this game has Mario 1-3, and the Lost Levels
[21:23:04] Corey: Okay, that's Mario All-Stars then. Maybe it shows more lives, but that still sounds wrong :P
[21:23:32] Corey: how can you not beat level 1-2? :P There's a warp zone at the end of that too if you jump over the pipe at the end instead of going in
[21:23:51] Corey: and how did you get 115 lives in the first level? :P
[21:24:40] Flami: I have NO idea :P I was expecting to get the normal 5 lives, and then it boosted me to 120 originally
[21:29:34] Corey: Well, if you want to get to the end fast, you can play 1-1, 1-2, warp to 4-1 at the end of 1-2, 4-2, warp to 8-1 near the start of 4-2, then you play up through 8-4 :P 8-4 is a bitch because it's a maze and I never remember the pattern you need to take to get through it. There's a couple other maze levels... you have to take the right path, or the level just keeps repeating
[21:33:38] Corey: Did you start a new game or use one that was already going? If you beat Mario 1, it restarts (and it's harder too)
[21:34:19] Flami: I think I used one that was already going... the Goombas at the 1-1 level were those little black shell things
[21:34:24] Corey: yep
[21:34:41] Corey: so you should start a new game instead since you suck :P
[21:35:13] Flami: COREY
[21:35:41] Corey: Also, why are you borrowing a SNES from someone when you could play every game ever on your computer? :P There's plenty of good USB game controllers you can use on a PC now for that stuff, plus there's even an adapter you can get that lets you use a real SNES controller on a PC
[21:45:24] Corey: plus if you do it that way, you can make the graphics higher resolution if you want, plus save and load games in any game whenever you want to, plus fast forward through stuff that takes too long
[21:46:33] Flami: haha, that sounds good
[21:47:02] Corey: so do that :P and yes, your computer can handle it
[21:48:07] Flami: yeah, but the browser crashes out a lot, and it still kinda restarts randomly
[21:50:20] Corey: and that's probably because of your 8 zillion tabs of Flash games...
[21:53:59] Flami: no... Eric thinks the motherboard might be fried
[21:58:10] Corey: if the motherboard was "fried," the computer wouldn't start
[22:15:06] Corey: yes :P I managed to get some sort of virus or spyware the other day... it blocked all anti-virus and spyware software and even blocked websites related to stuff like that, so you can't even look up how to fix it
[22:17:24] Flami: that is one sneaky virus!
[22:19:02] Corey: still not sure how I got that... but anyway, I somewhat know what I'm doing and that was kind of hard to get rid of :P you don't need stuff like that
[22:20:08] Flami: definitely not... right now, I'll see if I can jump better :P bye
[22:30:01] Corey: hold down the run button almost the whole time :P you'll jump a lot better
[22:30:48] Flami: well, I managed to get to the warp zone... I shouldn't have done that, since I now suspect I'll use up all my 113 lives on trying to get past the pink spiky things that the cloud is throwing down at the start of 4-1 :P
[22:36:02] Corey: yeah, that one is harder :P
[22:38:52] Flami: so what should I do for real?
[22:43:53] Corey: you can go to The Hun and look at stuff
[22:44:27] Flami: NO WAY.
[22:45:31] Corey: no way what?
[22:45:48] Flami: remember, you've tried directing me there before
[22:46:57] Corey: so?
[22:49:23] Flami: so now I'm going to go waste the rest of my 113 lives :P bye
[23:04:17] Flami: never mind... I died in 4-2 too many times, so now I'm watching Super Mario World Speed Run
[23:10:58] Corey: play Mario 3 instead then :P it has better control, and it's probably the best NES game there was
[23:12:59] Flami: I tried that before everything else... I had a GAME OVER on 1-4 or 1-5 :P The guys are way better at it than I am!


Super Mario World in 11 minutes
Super Mario World maximum score of almost a million points
Super Mario World bloopers
Super Mario Bros. Bloopers
Super Mario World Hacks

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home