Monday, May 26, 2008

Let the kids be cute, Dylan!

Bingos of the day so far:

ECTOZOA (68 points) - against Shawnda D.
GEMOLOGY (94) points - against Steve L. [across two double-word scores]
GENTRICE (72 points) - against Pat K.


Dreamed that I took a big bag of ketchup chips from Alan and Tracy, then encountered cryogenically-frozen people with a leg growing out from in between their own legs. One found temporary love with a Japanese girl who had an arm / hand growing out from between her own legs - they were photographed in the newspaper, even. It was only temporary since the boy would revert back to being frozen at the end of five days or so. No idea why I had that dream!

Played ZEE off Danny M.'s ZEE - yay, quirkiness! (speaking of Q words, Raymond and I discussed those... particularly those with no U!) [we also discussed the "multiple games" glitch... Korey started four games with me, Vivianne started SEVEN, and Shawnda started four or five - no wonder I have 68 active games right now!]

Hey, Michelle C. added me to Facebook - cool stuff. Just saw a Royals blog, where I learned that a player called Yabuta has the nickname SHAKE. Hahaha... reminds me of this icon:


When my sibs and I went to church, we talked about our parents getting back soon - someone later defined it to me as "the last day of freedom" - SO TRUE! We joked that our parents could take the 424 / 98 / 401 (407) home from the airport, but figured that Dad definitely wouldn't like THAT idea, haha! (so much JET LAG!) Helped Grandma up a grassy incline to the sidewalk when we got a good parking space, while privately thinking that she should have gone ten feet distant where she wouldn't have to do that since it leveled out. Said hi to J-Mak, Belinda and her husband, Mei Lin, and a few others. Jeremy said they'd missed me on Friday - yup, I was away looking after Grandma! (I should have called him or someone else to let them know, but Eric eventually filled them in) Keenan touched his hat when he saw David's grandpa - Maxine told him that her son was showing him that he had a hat too! He did the same when I was saying hi to him later - he even said "Daddy" [referring to his dad Tim, who'd taken Joshua up to the front] and "Bye" to me, Cindy, and Danielle - so cute! (Danielle even modeled Joshua's hat, haha) Talked to Raymond about missional opportunities, and reflected that my being away on Friday was why I'd missed Cindy's being tired / cranky then - she'd referred to that in an email. (sermon was about sexuality!)

Said hi to Tony in the back parking lot, and confirmed that he was going to the Sunday Dinner... talked to Michelle about Phoenix, while she was putting gold shoes on baby Allison and "making" her hold an orange bag she had. Marveled at all the babies and toddlers - little Benjamin and Hannah were so cute, holding hands down the ramp and to the rocky area with Daddy Lee's assistance! Dylan saw this and moaned that it was TOO SOON! When I told my sister about it at lunch, she thinks that we should let the kids be cute - oh, for sure! Talked to Teresa when she affectionately greeted me with "Hey, you!" - talked about Ada, Henry, Awana, hanging out with the girls (her daughters), school, essays, and how Evelyn already thought that some boy was going to marry her. (she and her older sister Gwyneth are spunky / feisty, all right!)

I shared how my sister kissed Zachary Weavill on the first day of kindergarten (definitely at her birthday party!), and how she used to chase boys / guys around the church to kiss them! (Ted Lee, Ryan Loo, Kent and Vicson Leung...) Steph marveled at baby Allison's strong grip - Julie said that we should change her favorite color from green to blue, haha. (Jeff joked that he'll be retired by the time my sister joins the force!) At least she's been sleeping through the night now for a few months already! Gave Eric some stuff while he was lugging around a big FedEx box for the Food Bank, yay! Saw Fidela back, so that was good too!

After Sunday School (where Watson seems to be warming up to me...), I went to say hi to Quan / David / Bob / Heyman / Johnny. The guys liked the dill pickle chips I'd given them a couple weeks ago [or were being polite], and I gave some gum / candy to them and Ryan before leaving to go outside. Saw the usual assortment of people outside, where Jeremy told me that they'd been trying to come up with reasons why I hadn't been there on Friday: "Is she out of town? No... probably not. Jon's here, though... oh, she's looking after Grandma!" Amusing, as ever! Steph and I eventually went to lunch with Auntie Eva, her father, Auntie Paula, Pastor Eunice, and Grandma - the Ginseng Seafood House is GOOD! It's like the Congee Noodle House, and has huge chunks of chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, etc. - plus really flavorful food, too. Mom would like it, heh. Steph said she got an important phone call at 8 AM yesterday - which explains the notes I saw at her desk AND the email I got from Vanessa / Melia / Grace / Calla! It was Hon's birthday, too. :)

Went home for a bit after picking Jon up at Tom Lee, bantered with someone on the phone, and then went to Martin's while fielding phone calls from Dallas and Christon. (also picked up Dallas' stuff at my place - Super NES!) Picked up a lot of couscous at Banana Grove, and the guys and I consumed $6 worth of spicy curry / spicy Indian Masala chips while waiting for the main course. Talked about 24 (Season 6, Episode 2... Jeremy likes the way Chloe says FINE!), 60 Minutes, Revelations, Ted DiBiase (MONEY / becoming a Christian), Acer, wine, Scrabble, too-deep discussions for a Sunday night, spending time with your girlfriend, Dallas' supervisor in the lab / open valves / pouring small amounts of things down drains / the housing crisis / Scrabble groups / "what's the point of dating her if she's just going to leave you for Korea again?" / foreclosure.

Also discussed Ponzi schemes / 26-year bizarre legal situations / Angus Burgers and awkward dates (agree 100% with Jeremy) / Dallas' large weekly grocery shopping with his huge knapsack / video games / thesis work / Friday plans. Good times with Martin / Raymond / Tony / Christon / Jeremy / Jon / Dallas, indeed! Dropped Dallas off after having a mango-lychee BBT at Dragon Ball (Our common ingredient was lychee! HONEYDEW, MANGO PIECES, UNIQUENESS RULE!), then went home where I went straight to bed. (Jeremy and I were eating chips, but the bag was on the floor leaning on the couch - my brother's natural assumption was that we'd be eating the stuff from the table, haha! Martin prevented him from eating it, and Jeremy said that we weren't eating the potpourri!)


Grandma, on the breakfast my brother and I had this morning of leftover couscous salad: "You're not going to drink milk?! *points at couscous* Is that curry? It's yellow - the same color! Wait... it has to be rice!" Our Chinese vocabulary is not up to the task of explaining couscous, so we resort to "beans" - there's only one problem with that. (she's SEEN beans before!) She also makes a comment about papaya, and my brother's putting on deodorant before he leaves - our vocabularies aren't up to explaining THAT, either! :P

Grandma, on my getting Jon to help me with the toothpick box lid: "Why are you going to get married? Are you going to have kids, and then they can help you with things like this? Maybe you shouldn't get married then - cheh! Perhaps your husband might, but you'll get your kids to, and not your younger brother!" Hahaha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home