Saturday, June 28, 2008

Posting at the base for impressive shaved ice, oh my!

Bingo of the night so far:

POSTBASE (65 points) - against Jono M.


Ran out of time while doing stuff around town earlier this afternoon, but managed to get home in time to see Eric. Dang, I hate when this kind of thing happens! Stole a couple more minutes of his time so I could drop stuff off at home, including THE SOUND AND THE FURY / an American short story book / BEIJING CONFIDENTIAL. Yay for library books! (I just got another "hold is awaiting pickup" email notification - no time tomorrow, so MAYBE Sunday - if not, Monday will do!) Discussed fans, getting out of the house, prices, and more on the way there. After meeting Teresa at church, we found Dylan / Calla / Andrea / Chuck / others waiting outside. Went downstairs to find a bunch of people waiting downstairs for Bible Study to start. Jeremy asked Eric what make his old car was - Eric and I looked at each other before we let him know that ALL his family cars were old! Jer meant the Honda - Johnny thought it was an American car, heh.

After debating the merits of going into J.J. Bean coffee shop with my sub, I opted to join Eric's group. That did no good since we went to Honey Dessert House for bubble tea! I had a mango / watermelon / mango star jelly / condensed milk shaved ice, which impressed everyone at the table! Then I had to fight the urge to call John "sir" when I asked him how long he'd had a Bible without covers for, oh my. Asked Chung Yan if his mom had an email address: when I got home, I let her know about Steph's mailing address. To my surprise since it was past 12:30 AM, she replied with her characteristic gentleness - yay!

When we got back to church after studying hard work vs. laziness and THE SLUGGARD, we talked to Jason / Janette / Stanley / Jeremy / Jon / Sam / Mike / Ivan. I'll have to contact Dylan to see about our small group outing - perhaps tomorrow at the wedding! (reminds me of when I contacted Vernon about my computer at Warren and Lauren's wedding, haha) On the way home, we discussed the ultimate price / cell phone damage / plans / teaching / snorting. Got to the townhouse to talk about wedding presents / money / Gilbert / packing / Sudoku / plans / Sam / printing stuff out / stress / relationships / other stuff. Past time for me to be in bed now, actually!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home