Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just because you ate it doesn't mean you like it...

Vivian didn't come for dinner since Jessica is going to Costa Rica tomorrow, and she wants to be with her sister. Oh well! We talked about pinching pennies, chicken, retail vs. thrift, the jazz festival, pasta, prawns, edamame, lasagna, quail, new potatoes, and more. Steph was in hysterics over how loud I was on the phone: I don't know how to say "Hang up!" in Chinese, so I simply yelled over the static! Apparently, I'm loud in real life too - Steph thinks I don't have to yell when people are right there. Funny... I don't think I'm yelling! Steph thinks that Dad has two nosy women on his hands, oh my!

I had to explain MOBY DICK to my mom, who heard a reference to it on LAW AND ORDER. Then she was horrified that there was perversion on the Internet, namely a fictional sex bulletin board! Haha, oh dear. I got a comforter, notebooks, candy, and a cute cat mug - sweet!

Amusing Grandma vignettes:

1. Steph: "Are you good? Are you good?"
Grandma: "Well, I'm right here breathing! What do you think?"
... um...

2. Me: "Did you like the lasagna, Grandma?"
Grandma: "Did YOU like it?"
Me, in English to the rest of the table: "... I asked her whether SHE liked it..."
Me, resigning myself in Chinese: "Yes, I did. Did YOU like it?"
Grandma: "Well, I ate it. What do you think?"
Dad: "She's just being evasive!"


What type of infantry are you?

Spec-Ops

You are a rare person. You love peace and quiet, with a couple flash bangs mixed in. You like being unnoticed around people. You are serious when it comes to your job. You are also a seasoned veteran in most things. You won't take anything except achieving your goals.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home