Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wimbledon, using someone else's computer time, and husbands as cousins

Leslie K. added me to Facebook - sweet!

Bingos of the last few days:

MORGANITE (77 points) - against Jono M.
NASTIER (66 points) - against Leanne F.

I also played XI off Heath W.'s XI in one of our games, and QI off his QI in another game. In a game with George M., I played JAR off his JAR. Hooks are definitely quirky! ;)


I'm at the Brighouse Library again, and I found a free computer with someone else's time on it! This is cool, since I can use their time (40 minutes remaining), book extended sessions if possible, and then use my own time with my library card! Good thing, since I have editing (Names / Archives / Books / Bubble Tea) and dungeons / space adventures to do! Too bad I can't play Scrabble now on the computer... that time last week when I *could* must have been an aberration.

Went to Coles just now, and bought Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Music - that'll be a cool read! I also got a bookmark with musical notes on it to truly match the purchase: YAY FOR QUIRKINESS! Saw Jan Wong's BEIJING CONFIDENTIAL, which I've now put on hold at the library. Seems like a book my brother would like to read too, actually.

Jen sent me a Zimbabwe emergency email - yeah, Robert Mugabe should definitely be stopped! Watched some Wimbledon at the mall on TV - it's been years since we were at Justin's and doing the same thing! Ah, memories... I also got Steph's new mailing address, which is truly excellent. Too bad that my one black bag has a leak in it, which I found shortly after leaving the house finally today - seems I have to get a new water bottle, since it's not sealing properly. Maybe tomorrow or something, if I can get one with the Awana-style lid!


Yesterday, I was talking on the phone with my mom. She informed me that my sister would like to get me a cemetery plot, oh my! When we were talking about Aaron and Joyce, she asked me whether I'd ever asked Maxine about whether she knew Joyce. That might be a bit weird: "Hey, Max! Do you know my cousin's ex-wife?" (Mom saw a picture of Joyce at Maxine's wedding when they were still living together at the #9 Rd. house) Then I informed her that the owner of the Out Of Africa shop (near China World) was Maxine's father-in-law, ie. Tim's father. She didn't know that Tim, Maxine, and her cousin Amanda were from South Africa!

Then she asked whether Tim was Maxine's cousin! HAHAHAHA! That reminds me that Jon told us about Rachmaninoff marrying his first cousin, which Steph was horrified about! It happened in royalty, too - no wonder there are / were certain features like insanity and such with all the inbreeding! When I told my sibs that there was a site for cousins who marry / date their cousins (and also one for sugar daddies / applicants), they were shocked as well!

When I reinforced that hugging was NOT the same thing as making out, she had this pearl of wisdom: "Making out isn't necessarily sexy!" (I think she meant to say that making out doesn't necessarily lead to sex, but it came out wrong!) I immediately called my brother (on his way to a meeting) to tell him that, and Steph mentioned that Karmie had been in tears laughing over the "testicles / tentacles" story once! Harmony thought it was funny when we told her about it on Sunday, haha! We told her about the "Randy Libido" story, too... that was an awesome Thanksgiving 2006 dinner, all right!

I asked whether he'd be home tomorrow night for dinner with Vivian S. - no, since he has prayer meeting. Then we figured that at least we didn't have as many family dinners as Erin's family does - that was a funny conversation to observe! "But Ben's coming home at 7! I can't make it if the dinner's from 6 to 7:30!" "There's the Fellowship BBQ, Mom - I want to go there!" "Your cousins will be at the dinner!" "... we've dined with them a LOT lately! Wednesday to Saturday!" Poor Ben (Erin's boyfriend) is in for a LOT of those, let me tell you!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home