Monday, June 23, 2008

Ah, spending time at the Jazz Festival...

RIP, George Carlin. :(


My siblings picked Harmony up for church, then picked me up. We had an interesting discussion, during which HH was introduced to a bunch of family in-jokes: I couldn't believe that Jon told her about the real reason why I'd lost my 2006 bus pass! Not even Jeremy knows, I think... and he was around when Jon asked me about it way back then! Sure, Harmony's certainly going to be part of the family... but there are some things she doesn't really need to know! Talked about the wedding they'd attended last night (banquet was at the same Kirin as Melia's will be next week!), and it turns out that all four of us hadn't slept more than about six hours or so! (Jon had wondered why Steph's bedroom light was on at 2 AM when he went to take a shower... potent Viva Java coffee and a nap were to blame!) Discussed Holly's wedding plans briefly, since it IS wedding season! Talked about the "tentacles / testicles" mix-up: when Steph had told Karmie that story, she was crying with laughter! (I also told Harmony how Mom had confused hugging with making out - that had been the MOST AWKWARD CONVERSATION EVER!)

Found a seat next to Jeremy, whose mom had come down with the flu - no wonder they'd gone back early! Everyone laughed at the mistakes in the worship presentation, but it was fine. There were some awfully wide-eyed babies as pictures in Auntie Rebecca's Children's Ministry Sunday sermon, hehe. Went to the back parking lot to admire Micah, and say hi to various other children. Nicholas admired my shiny colorful Awana pins, while tugging at his mom Helen's sleeve to make her go home - ah, kids! Helen said she hasn't heard from Alex in a long time: the last she'd heard a couple years ago, he was going into the pastoral field. She did see Lauren last a bit ago, and at least she seems to be doing well. After saying hi to various others (including Acer, whose mom asked me whether I was going to some dinner), I hugged Auntie Catherine hello. It's nice that she wants to do something for my sister - Chinese snacks as a care package, yay!

Saw Erin's cousin Jason, so I had to talk to him - he was the "Edmonton person" that Christon had been talking about when he went there a couple years back. Jason insisted on taking a couple of pictures with me, one with his camera before it ran out of batteries, and one with Erin's. He gave me a standing invitation to visit South Edmonton - sounds good to me! At least he's coming back in August! After Sunday School, I went outside to find Jon and Jeremy saying that Eric had run off somewhere. We assumed he'd gone to the bank machine, and waited for everyone else to come back. I decided to go to the Jazz Festival with the guys and Harmony - the bus, Skytrain, and Gastown were crowded! We listened to a bunch of free jazz, while having good $6 burgers from Social at Le Magasin: Karen I. spotted me with my distinctive hat (from her mother-in-law!) and said hi. Jon and I said that she could drag Chung to this event next year, along with their baby in the stroller! Discussed wedding music, the Dragon Boat Festival, a jazzy cover of Oasis' CHAMPAGNE SUPERNOVA, smokies, aioli, and more. Eric gave me a ride home since Jon and Harmony were going to the Cirque de Soleil later - Windows, Linux, heat, life, and more... oh my!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home