Monday, February 04, 2008

The smell test is always reliable!

Hmm. I'm undecided whether I should give certain things up for Lent. On the one hand, it would truly be a sacrifice / discipline since I spend far too much time on those pursuits, and I could spend that time reading Christian books. (which I should do more of anyhow) But I know myself; I'll slip! Need accountable people, for sure. Also: I WANT A CERTAIN PLAN TO BE CARRIED OUT, PLEASE. (stupid Korey!) Other than that, I'm good.

Got a weird phone call from California: 408-587-2116, anyone? Jon also wants me to forward the Sunday Dinner note to Martin - it might help if I had his email address, for one. But maybe the text file Dylan sent me has the info... yup, names / phone numbers / email addresses / birthdays for everyone in the Fellowship! Sweet! (also forwarded it to Teunis, and then let Jon know about their email addresses so he can add it to the list!)

Both my milk and my chocolate milk have expired - I always use the smell test, and they've gone off. To make sure it wasn't my fridge going wonky again, I tested my cappuccino yogurt - yup, it was the BEST BEFORE February 4 date, all right. Must do laundry - I knew I should have exchanged quarters for dollar coins with Jason and Amos on Saturday! (I bet that particular "one-loonie, one-quarter" dryer is still out of commission... *checks* IT'S NOT! GLORY, HALLELUJAH!)

Finally heard from my friend Sarah Rowlett: I had questioned her Facebook status, since I thought she'd be married to her sweetheart Floyd, and not single. Turns out her dad called off the wedding the night before it was supposed to happen, and shipped her to another state. She was gone for five months; they went together for a while after she got back, but things were just too different. Man, that particular trial sucks! :(

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home