Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Insight for the masses.... Tabasco Sauce!



Shark's fin soup at a restaurant for Chinese New Year, and inviting Nathan over to the townhouse the next night both sound good! Also, Eric Bin accepted my friend request on Facebook - I should add more high school people, haha. :D






QuizGalaxy.comWhat's your Insightful Quote?
"Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them, and you have found a lover for life."
– Leo Buscaglia, 1924-1998, American Author and Expert on Love and Human Relationships
'What is your Insightful Quote?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Interesting for contemplation... *thinks*


I also liked this one...






QuizGalaxy.comWhat's your Insightful Quote?
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
– Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
'What is your Insightful Quote?' at QuizGalaxy.com



Picture of me and the K-Man at the Red Robin's in Abbotsford on December 16:




Poems I saw on the Latest Posts Page... kate66 rocks!

EYES WIDE SHUT:
A cut, a wound, an intricate gash.
I'm crawling out of my skin, screaming inside at the top of my lungs...
My lungs caked with tar,
My throat filled with smoke.
Take me away.
Take these feelings, this pain, the memories...
It’s sharp, delicate, piercing, and glistening,
Begging to be touched even ever so slightly...
The crimson lines forming to droplets,
And in slow motion falling to a splash and streaking what is left behind.
And what is left behind is left scarred, hurt, and awaiting time to heal.
To heal the nauseous and sinking feeling dropping beneath my chest,
To replenish my nerves that ran through my veins ever so quickly,
Causing my fingertips to tingle and shake.
The fear of replaying this game is devouring at my flesh,
Closing me off to any opportunity that may shine itself before me once again.
But this feeling of rage, terror, and pain...
It lies not only in my mind but through every inch of my body.
And is screeching to come alive in the form of a delightful off-white snowy powder,
Or even in an everlasting dream.
It's a fight.
A fight to sit, endure, and embrace,
Until it ends and everything will once again be okay.
But how do you do that?
How long will it take?
Am I strong enough to surpass this?
... Will I ever be happy again?


FRAGILE:
Fragile, like a thin glass fixture balancing on the edge of a table.

Delicate, like the taste of an expense dessert prepared in Paris.

Brittle, like the crumbs from a cookie when it gets burnt.

Frail, like an ounce of coke lying in front of the drug addict.

Decrepit, like the 90 year old man who can barely walk.

Weak, like the girl who just had her heart broken.

Feeble, like the shy boy who never speaks loud enough to hear.

Dainty, like the overcoming beauty of the sun setting beneath the horizon.

Unsound, like emotional wrecks trying to pull their hair out.

Fine, like a painting that you could stare at for hours and always find something new.

Fragile.
Pain.
Sorrow.
Self-hatred.
Hurt.
Lost.
Broken...

NO TITLE FOR THIS ONE:
When a friend is feeling down and glum,
I'm here to offer my words of wisdom.
My advice is pure and intentions are true,
So you might refrain from a mind askew.
But in times when that person is me,
I forget those words that set you free.
So if you felt the way I feel now,
These are the phrases I'd suggest on how:
I'd tell you that "This too shall pass,"
That growth and strength will too amass.
The pain and fear will stand its ground,
But to escape it is much more profound.
The worst part has already been ended,
And your heart has begun to be mended.
And nothing happens without a reason,
So hold your faith until the season.
The past is over, so do not dwell.
And now it's time that you excel.
Do not resent, and do not blame,
To project your anger, you must refrain.
Forgive yourself for your mistakes,
And learn from them for your sake.
Keeping busy is a must,
To keep your mind off the dust.
And reaching out will do you wonders,
Because in isolating, you will plunder.
And when you lay your head at night,
Those thoughts resurface to your sight.
So pray for patience and for strength,
To dream again and for some length.
You say these things you already know,
But is there evidence for you to show?
And if there is, you're doing great,
What happens next will be your fate.
So don’t give up, don't be discouraged,
Because now there are others to encourage.
And when you surpass this, you will find,
You've become an inspiration for mankind...
So the next time I feel like questioning life,
I'll have these words to avoid excess strife.
Because this is what I'd want for you,
And someday, I want to love me too.


WASHED OUT:
Washed out, detoxed of the mind, body, and soul.
A thorough cleansing from head to toe to the very tips of my fingers.
I stand hollow and lifeless and not quite ready yet.
Yet.
The days ahead where the choice is made, a conscious decision...
The day I'm ready, willing, and above all, hopeful for what lies ahead to fil my hollow soul.
A choice, a decision, a willingness - to share a smile again that is full of genuity and truth.
But first, I must let go.
Let go of the false hope, the undying love, the memories fueling the faulty hope, the moments that are no more, the words that have resigned, the warmth of a secure place.
Let go of the pain that follows, the hurt that aches, the thoughts that linger, the hate and demeanor for myself, the tears competing with the rain, the anger for trying, the regrets of my actions...
Then, and only then will I be free to close the book of "What Was" and open another for "What Can Be."
But for now, I am stuck somewhere in between, lying lifelessly in Limbo - paralyzed and frozen.
Frozen with fear.
Simply waiting for courage, waiting for strength, waiting for this masquerade to end.
For a desire to stand freely and willingly...
Naked.
Allowing the rest of the world to see my true colors.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home