Friday, February 01, 2008

Nose treasures in sandbox?! EW! / Dream of underground! / Farting

Yes, I am seven years old. :P
Saw this on the latest posts page, and couldn't help reposting, haha.

lâcher un vent - to fart (literal: to break wind)

Present Tense: (fart)
Je lâches un vent
Tu lâches un vent
Il / Elle / On lâche un vent
Nous lâchons un vent
Vous lâchez un vent
Ils / Elles lâchent un vent


Past Tense: (farted)
J'ai lâché un vent
Tu as lâché un vent
Il / Elle / On a lâché un vent
Nous avons lâché un vent
Vous avez lâché un vent
Ils / Elles ont lâché un vent


Future Tense: (will fart)
Je lâcherai un vent
Tu lâcheras un vent
Il / Elle / On lâchera un vent
Nous lâcherons un vent
Vous lâcherez un vent
Ils / Elles lâcheront un vent



Jon sent us an email about Sunday Dinner - none this week because of the rescheduled AGM and the Super Bowl. Next week, Calla will also be cooking as a change of pace from squash, AND it'll be at Phil and Grace's place! That will definitely be a treat! Building up friendships with a core group is good, of course - I just like chilling with people whom I *know* I can trust, haha. Says there'll probably be one before Reading Week so the uni kids can make it out. Nathan seized upon "uni kids," and said this: "Those are some very large and hairy kids playing in the church sandbox. For some reason, I have this picture of Christon sitting in the sandbox, picking his nose and eating the treasures inside it or something. Funny picture." ... thanks, Nate... that's just the visual I need while eating breakfast! :P (I love Nate, but some things are just not meant to be contemplated!)


So I went to bed REALLY early last night since I was pretty tired... would you believe before 10:15?! I had to do my body a huge favor, and this TREAT TO MYSELF was it. I don't know WHAT it was (reading the feather dusters group?), but I had a pretty insane dream:

* It started out at church, with a play being put on by some of the kids with ADULT help. Eunice and Jon were a married couple in this one, and plates and knives were required for the set-up as part of the first scene. We all had scripts in our green bulletins so we could follow along; I dropped mine, and Uncle Johnny smilingly retrieved it for me. Dallas was there in a suit, Jeremy was drumming (which I thought was cool), Steph was an usher, and Lesley told me to get a cast-iron heavy duty frying pan just in case. I went and got one that looked like the one my mom had (or still has) - that thing was SO HEAVY! Steph tried to give me another bulletin when I already had one, but I told her to give it to someone else.

* In the back, Rosenda was taking care of all the babies and toddlers.. her niece Olivia looked older than two and a half in the dream! Some of them were in blue-and-white checkered baby carriers, and all of them seemed to be quite content and gurgling. Mom playfully bumped Uncle Eric against the table of bulletins and news, and I had to explain to Rosenda that they were best friends since high school.

* When the play came on, I went up to the front to assist. Brian Lau (an Awana kid) executed his part perfectly until he came to where he had to hope around on one foot and wince in pain - in the play, he'd had boiling water poured there, and his feet looked like the bound feet of Chinese women in those OLD pictures and art. (foot-binding, EW!) I told him to hop around and look really disgusted and hurt - that did the trick!

* After that, my family went home. There was a huge underground parking lot, where there was plenty of room to work on stuff. Turns out R was working on constructing things for my family's townhouse - it involved a piano and several incidentals. Jon and everyone else around (friends, neighbors, etc.) was friendlier toward the other worker ("Shy Steven"), and insisted on knowing everything about him. Shy Steven eventually warmed up to us, and was incredibly talkative - SO GOOD AND REFRESHING! My mom offered them something to eat and drink, while Steph took me out for lunch in the underground parking lot's cafeteria. (don't ask, I don't know) She then had MY mushroom soup, but it was fine - Dad handed ME a cheque for $227.01, and not her! He told me to wait on endorsing the cheque (it was unused funds from a David Fellowship expense account) until I was in Pastor Edward's presence - good idea!

* A while later, the workers were waiting for the bus on a grassy area. R was waiting for the #20 Downtown, but a strange blonde-haired woman gave him the wrong directions (on purpose?), so he ended up heading back to the underground parking lot. We were out then, so he was definitely out of luck. He took the correct bus back home, which was fine - we didn't want stray workers hanging around and getting lost! (the neighbor told us about it when we got back, haha)

* Mom tried to find a backscratcher for me in the aisles at home (WTH?), and couldn't find one. She and Dad were getting ready to go out again, so she invited me to go to Dallas Supermarket with them; maybe we could find one there! We went to the underground parking lot's cafeteria before going to the store, and then we saw Uncle Peter (using his mom's wheelchair?) and Auntie Ying there. Steph yelled at me to sit at their table, and so I did. We had a great time, talking about things before we left. That is where the dream ended... not sure why I had it, but it was mainly cool.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home