Saturday, February 02, 2008

SIXTEEN BABIES AT ONCE?! OH MY!

Had a weird dream when I finally could get to sleep - no idea about this one. I can bet part of it is from Chinese New Year (shark's fin soup!), Korey having to work a lot, my asking Jen where Dawn was (out with Eni?), and Chinese New Year / the Super Bowl in general.


My friends and I had to help this poor woman figure out what was wrong with her. She knew she was pregnant, but wondered why she kept getting noticeably bigger with each passing day. We consulted a doctor, who said that there wasn't much we could do for her - she would die soon without an expensive operation. Horrified at this news, we sought other opinions from the highest in the land - every one of them returned the same verdict. After we found someone willing to do the operation for free, we requested attendance at the event. Lo and behold, the woman had SIXTEEN fetuses inside her! We marveled that it was one more than the current world record for quindecaplets (15 at a time), and the doctors had medical documents and everything of this extraordinary event. They included souvenir drawings of the position of the fetuses inside her body, rather like a sketch of multiple heads with numbers on them. (like the legends accompanying large groups depicting a sketch of the picture, plus a number on each head - with an indicator as to which number goes with which name - I hope I'm explaining this okay!)

After that, it was time to go to a ball pit, kinda like the ones they (used to?) have at the Richmond Ikea. (I played there till I was past eight!) We knew we weren't supposed to let my parents know that K was there, so we made up all sorts of inventive elaborate schemes. Somehow, the ball pit was connected to a large room where the Super Bowl was going on. We had lots of chips and snacks - by the time my mom did know that K was around, she didn't mind at all. Strange, but good for us! She even baked K some apple pie - how sweet of her! (we thought she'd FREAK!)

From there, we went to a Chinese restaurant where it was Chinese New Year. We saw Auntie Angela and a whole bunch of church people there. Celebrating this event meant that we had to go through the arcane ritual of jumping on our intricate brown chairs, so we did that. (this would supposedly rid the coming year of an influx of bad spirits and demons) Everyone did that except me and K since we couldn't. By the time I returned from the washroom, K was gone! I asked a 50-year-old brown-haired waitress whether she had seen him, since Eni had taken his place at the table. Turns out she was looking after the kids, and had seen him rush out quite suddenly... he told her to tell me that he was on his way to work. The Caller ID on my phone showed that he had tried to call me, but was unsuccessful. I slowly woke up from the dream, realizing that my boyfriend was (in reality) still here in town, even if only for a few more hours... that was very comforting! Gotta see what the plans are for today - I hear they involve sushi, beds, mattresses, and maybe Ikea!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home