Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bad grammar overheard in New York!

Redrum is here - woohoo. Am spending the day reading Savage Love archives, haha. Pretty good column... have added the feed to my reading list every week. Gotta love it. :D (must read more comics and the Western blog that Ray pointed out to us, as well...)

A compilation poking fun at bad grammar in New York! *cringe*

20-ish guy to friends: Talk about sweat -- I never swat so much in my life!

--Bleecker & MacDougal

Blonde: I'm not a naysayer! I'm not! I'm a yes-sayer... An ambiguous answer-sayer...

--Union Square

Overheard by: Confabulation Nation

Bimbette: Oh my God, I was dramatized! I couldn't even look at him.

--Staten Island Ferry

Suit: I just walked into Barnes and Nizzle to take a wizzle.

--Barnes & Noble, 22nd St

Guy to friend: If the Yankees win the first two, it'll be a swept.

--Rockefeller Center

Paint department clerk to customer: Do you want interior or outerior?

--Home Depot, Brooklyn

Supermarket cashier: I was actually valedictorian in high school, and I wore four-inch heels to graduation. And surprise, surprise -- I falled.

--Greenpoint, Brooklyn


Reminds me of how I recently heard "holded," "shouldn't / wouldn't / couldn't of," and "tooken" from stupid Korey - yikes. :P

P.S. Dan rocks harder than you'll ever know. :)

P.P.S. Now there's a snowfall warning - yikes! Good thing there isn't a Chinese New Year dinner tonight, but the Ash Wednesday service will be affected!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home