Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Snapping tortoises and bullfrogs - nasty nightmares!

I do NOT want to know why I just had a nightmare! o_O

* It started off with my meeting Korey at a Superstore on the second floor of a building which was only accessible by escalator. Wasn't sure how much money was left on my debit card, so went to the cashier to see. Lo and behold, she spit out a receipt using this handy machine, showing that I'd spent a bunch of money at Boston Pizza and also owed people some money. I then asked her to determine how much money was left in my bank account - I got $121.43 back in cash as my answer.

* I went into the store with Korey and our various impedimenta, stopping by various items. We met my mom there, who mentioned that she'd been having a terrible problem with pests... and please could we come help them out? So we did, after I dropped Korey off at the ship harbor / airport terminal to send him on a trip. The last I saw of him was his boarding a very steep escalator with all our stuff... [maybe this is important?]

* Got to my mom's, where I quickly determined that she had a problem with green nasty bullfrogs. Jon had tried to capture them in cups and release them by a stream, only to have them back IN the house and yard for some reason! I looked at some reading material for guidance, but that didn't help since it appeared to be Olympic gold medal events of some sort. (including a "WELFY, THE GOLD MEDALLIST OF ANOTHER AGE" feature written by someone named Todd) Weirdly enough, that book also included a series on the [very recent] death of Heath Ledger, complete with brooding life picture.

* A while later, it was my turn to take the frogs out to the stream. Mom said that Jon knew where it was, and could direct me... he happened to be out, so I had to collect a vile-looking frog in clear glass cups (I put one over the frog I caught) without having it bite me. It glared balefully at me all the way to the neighbor's house behind us in the alley - I noted a blue recycling box and a dog statue in their yard, as well as a newspaper delivery to their door.

* As soon as I deposited the frog in the ditch, I could see another one behind the house jumping off in the direction of the house! Then there were the snapping tortoises which my mom really abhorred... we were ever careful around those when trying to repatriate them. The dream ended when a tortoise sank its teeth into me and kept chomping away... I told Mom that I was losing blood and really had to get to a hospital STAT!


I hope it's not because of the recent news about Korey wanting to move AGAIN - now, here I sit with the music turned up a bit louder against demons of the night, and thoroughly scared! Good thing the upstairs people showering woke me up at 12:45 AM! There is no way I want to go back to sleep yet!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home