Monday, October 08, 2007

Is the Booty Logo and anus REALLY appropriate discussion?!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, CANADIANS!

Thanksgiving lunch was amusing, even if Jon thought the conspirators from last year would almost all be there. (oh, shush!) Mom wanted us to call Randal since my sibs told him the wrong time yesterday, but we didn't. Despite our telling Vivian and Eric NOT to bring anything, they did - BAD FRIENDS WHO ARE NOT WELL-TRAINED, haha! She mentioned star anise, which reminded me of Jasmine. Then Jon brought up the Sunday dinner at Christon's where we told him that the last person to sit down would pray - he wasn't too impressed since HE was the last person because he was serving food! Somehow, Nathan's infamous comment about wives made it into OUR conversation (just in passing) - as I said, that brought us to a new low, one which we hoped never to experience again! The comment WAS very Nathan-esque in nature; Jon thought the first-years would be scared off by it, but Julie seemed to think it was at least amusing! We watched football, told Eric that I owed him a lunch / dinner since he did so much work on my computer the last couple of weeks, talked about church things, brought up Chinese food / turkey-chicken-duck / deep-fried Southern turkey / veggie burgers, tofurkey (BAD REVIEWS!) / the dinner at the HoHoHo house tonight, discovered that Randal and Steph both know Emily Chow's friend Melody C., tried getting Vivian to speak the Chinese that my sister taught her (with limited success), and had an interesting tangent about eating dogs / cats / cockroaches / rabbit. (I know Ty ate young dog when he was in China - he seemed to think it tasted good, as did my mom before she found out what it was she'd just eaten! Let's just say Grandma tricked her - she never really ate the old cat!) Half a free-range turkey with cranberry sauce / stuffing / potatoes / yams / corn / ice wine / Jeremy's Scotch ale was quite enough!

Then there was the conversational thread about really old men being attracted to younger women - old men keep trying to hit on my sister at the gym ("nice work!" "...."), and she once received a present of Manchester United stuff from a 70-year-old guy at work! EW! "From a friend who's a secret admirer," indeed! Mom brought up the news story of the 73-year-old married guy who had an affair with a 21-year-old massage therapist in Hong Kong: he ended up strangling her when she asked for too much money, then committed suicide by jumping out a window. Vivian didn't like the story of my mom's co-worker who keeps her dog pregnant pretty much all the time so she can sell the puppies for travel monies. We wondered how long a dog's gestation was, but Eric wasn't helpful. I changed the desktop on my mom's computer to the Booty Logo Resurrection, which got the expected reaction from her ("ugh!") - haha. After Vivian and Randal saw it, I changed it back to the Kandoo frog. Randal had seen that before, haha. I thought it was VERY fitting for our family! However, Mom got her chance to shine when she presented us with a mooncake shaped like a pig: she mispronounced "anus," and came up with the idea of raisins as "droppings." We were trying to tell her that this wasn't exactly a family-oriented discussion, but she was having too much fun. There are pictures, which my sister should upload later!

After the company left (Viv had to go to a group meeting - she wished she could stay here instead), my siblings lifted Mom up into the air with some resistance - man, we should get an action shot of that one of these days! I also checked Facebook, and discovered that Sanne and Chesh had friended me on there - sweet! Left Darren a comment about his message to Jon, which involved only being able to finish half a beer. Jon laughed at his terming that "an improvement," which I expected. Also left an encouraging message to someone who needed it - yay! I *do* appreciate the good things, y'know. ;) Time to answer emails now!

My mom and brother both saw this picture:
Jon thought it was gross, because he's seen the Rejected movie, and my mom initially thought it was cute until I told her what it was. "It's one guy bashing the other guy with his own ripped-out stomach!" Hahaha. It's what you get for telling me that you're "rehearsing" a fart, even if you mean "releasing!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home