Saturday, October 06, 2007

Safeway flyers and Pizza Hut coupons are interesting wraps, my good friend...

Talked to Eric about a bunch of things on the way to church: friends, beeswax lip balm, "literally" abuse, license plates, traffic, literal balm / bomb, herds of wooden elephants, peacocks, energy drinks, cats, etc. At church, I talked to Grace and Karen for a bit - life's been okay, I guess. Talked to Alan for a bit about Tracy, news, and non-secrets... Korey is NOT a secret, haha! Randal gave me my late birthday present, AND he was wearing my fave jacket of his! He used a Safeway flyer / Pizza Hut coupons as secondary and tertiary layers of wrap for a notebook, hahaha - also gave me a card, in which he said that I'd always have a friend in him. So sweet! (and a book with 1003 ways to stay young - he DID say I was young at heart, which is true!) I thanked him for that just before I talked to Stanley about being 220 and throwing balloons at people on Facebook. Dylan didn't understand those applications, so Stanley said that he was getting OLD, haha. Saw Pastor John, but didn't have a chance to chat - maybe Sunday? Had brilliant hot chocolate, and missed Jeremy since he was on his way to Kelowna - guess I'll bring the mooncake back NEXT week then! Saw Dallas briefly, which was good. Said hi to Frances, Rich, Chung, Sheena, Maxine (aquariums!) and others.

Bible Study was pretty cool - talked about gender differences, men solving problems, women needing empathy, Calla and her ex having many of the same arguments over differences, surprises, washing the toys, Dylan needing a hazmat suit, Maxine, Megan wanting to play with a muddy toy, service projects, etc. Eric joked that we weren't studying a Bathroom Reader when I accidentally took one out of my knapsack while looking for my devotional. Cindy said that Steph wasn't feeling well, but she had flowers for her since my sister passed her physical on Tuesday. Oh sure, she gets sick AFTER the torture! Later, I talked to Dawn about her birthday plans and such before I talked to Randal about his new job (not going through Richmond, but taking the Alex Fraser) / Chilliwack / Kamloops / our Facebook pictures / Andy / Billy and Stella's place in White Rock. It was the longest conversation we've had in a few weeks, and I was grateful for that. Dylan told me about the Committee nomination stuff which I'd heard from Eric - "in person" works for that! Stanley made moves to kick everyone out, so we migrated upstairs and eventually outside. Talked to Cindy, Vanessa, Melia, Sam, Eric, Angus, Dallas, Isabel, Joey, and others about who could give Steph her flowers / Steph and the polar bears in Nunavut / Regina / training / Thanksgiving Carnival tomorrow / cowboys / being at church early / Dragon Ball. Citrus was only there to pick up his sister... "UNFORTUNATELY!" he joked.

Jon said that Nathan had given him his old phone, so he and Dallas figured out SIM card stuff on the way to the gas station and Dragon Ball. He called Ivan, who could give him a ride tomorrow to the Carnival (Tom Lee!). I requested that he call him again for me since I wasn't sure if I wanted to be at the church tomorrow at 2:30! He later did so, referring to me as his "ugly older sister" - he got a death threat for that one! I got Ivan's phone number, since I wasn't going to call him right when I got home. We talked about longboat (similar to Dragon Boat rowing festivals), Cordia / Joyce at Vanier, Thanksgiving plans / Ray, the dog photos, the irony of Dallas' bubble tea lid saying "SUGAR" when his order had none in it, flavors, new Dragon Ball cards, Jeremy, food and cost, Dallas' housemates avoiding him once they found out his real age (20 vs. 27?), red plum-longan, Mr. Dragon Ball doing noise control, ordering food at Dragon Ball, black sesame-avocado, and a bunch of other stuff. The clerk thought Jon and I were nuts for ordering what we did, haha. (when Eric ordered, she was like: "Thank goodness - a normal person!") Thank goodness Dragon Ball has a closing time since I was getting pretty tired! (bumped into John and Sonya, too...) On the way home, we dropped Dallas off at Broadway / Granville - I told him that I had his kimchi Tupperware, so I'd give them back at some point. We discussed shoes, tomorrow's plans, troubleshooting, a joint dinner with Harmony's family (not the weed!), kiwis and WHEE!, being mad (crazy), "cross-family" really meaning "inter-family" (maybe I'll get cross too: "MOM!" when she brings stuff up), and other stuff. Should call Ivan tomorrow at the appropriate time - now, I should get to bed!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home