Saturday, October 06, 2007

Since Eric's not around, let's talk in Cantonese!

Eric came over this afternoon to do some more stuff to my computer. He noted that the inner temperature was 18-23 degrees C at one point, which he said wasn't fair since it used to be 69-71 degrees and he couldn't replicate it. I called Ivan, who answered his phone - since his parents had to be there early too, I figured that I'd just go with Eric as per the original plan. Jon knew because Ivan had left him a message. By the time we actually got going, it was raining pretty heavily. I told him a bit about my week, blogging, my supposedly being a chicken (he was HUNGRY!), and reading while driving. He wondered if people actually knew how to drive in the rain. (I gave him Karen's number instead so he could call her himself!) Of course, he blamed his lateness on me since it was MY computer he was attempting to fix! I didn't expect anything different, however.

At church, Michelle C. complained that she'd been out all day and hence hadn't had a chance to be on Facebook. She knows she's addicted, and told Andrew so. I jokingly squished Jonathan after some of his friends did, jokingly threatened to (get others to) sit on him, and told Raymond that I really didn't use my extra energy to abuse the teenagers, haha... although there WAS the time that Steph hip-checked Chris across a small area! (he'll give Terry's card to him next week - we also talked about Ray for a bit) Experienced some confusion as to whether we were to go upstairs or stay downstairs, and talked to Vivian / Ivan / Sam / Emily L. / Mary / Cindy / Sheena / others. Jonathan said that he was a helper, but I didn't believe him - Stanley jumped on that and said that my disbelief said something since normally I'd trust everyone! Said hi to Pastor John and his family (Karmie / Josiah / Hannah / Noah), little Amos, the kids Eric and Matthew, Olivia, and others. Cindy said it looked like my dad was having fun at his pool booth - definitely! I didn't want to go outside since it was blah even with tents galore, but went eventually - Sam, Jon, Margaret, Lucas, and Stanley were having a good time playing stuff as the LIVE BAND. (CALIFORNIA DREAMING, I WANNA BE SEDATED, etc.) Saw Charis and Esther with Mike, which was good. Saw Randal outside, and talked to him about a bunch of stuff - Eric came up to us and proceeded to talk like a cowboy. (Vivian was getting all sorts of cowboy pics earlier, and I liked Eric's shiny toy gun!) We had buns, Famous Amos cookies, and cider - yay for a saloon, haha. Had some noodles later, when Gwyneth and Evelyn actually talked to me a bit about snow ("throw snowballs in people's mouths!") - yay!

Randal had a recipe book of Chinese-style casseroles which he got from the "gift shop" in the balcony, and we spent some time looking at it together. He'd postponed his dinner with his parents till tomorrow, reiterated that I was an adult who could choose whether or not to spend two nights in a row at the townhouse of my own volition, said that he'd read a bit of the 1003 Ways to Stay Young book (which I sadly haven't had time to read yet), agreed that I was close to my family, shared his cookies with me, and watched the recycled slide show upstairs when we went to see what was going on. Waved / said hi to Hien, Adam, Karen I., Martin, Dawn, Eni, Karen Choo, Keiko, her friend Emi, and others. The past Japanese student experience helped me explain things slowly to the latter two in English - YAY! (they can be my replacement Cindy Yang, haha - gotta get numbers and stuff first, heh) After the slide show, I asked Nai Chiu to translate whatever Karen I. had just said about the evening's entertainment, so Eric and I went to check out the karaoke. Funny line from tonight, courtesy Ivan's mom: "Is there anyone here who doesn't understand Cantonese except Eric? Okay, since I see Eric is not around... *launches into Chinese description of what I assume is the karaoke night* " (Eric had gone to the kitchen to get some leftover cookie packages to see if he could sell them for real money instead of coupons - he sold eleven, and someone bought six! That's how it is at our church events, haha.) Jon, Michelle C., and I were in the same boat - as I bet others were. Poor white guy! Talked to Darren, Isabel, Vivian, Eric, Jon, and others - Jon's going downtown later to drink with a friend, so he assumed I was going with Eric, which was the case when we left half an hour or so later.

Talked to Eric about the rain, aspirin, monthly things, gum, brushing teeth, enjoying the carnival, pee, singing and my spoken answers, space brain chicken, and more. At home, I went for a bit of a nap after saying hi to Corey - I also answered an email from Steph which said that Harmony's mom wished to invite us over for dinner on Monday. (so THAT's the dinner which caused us to make jokes about weed and joints yesterday in the car!) When I got up, I saw that Talia and had tried to message me, but had gone offline. Corey then told me that he was going to shower now that I was back - thanks, dude, love you too! Steph then said that our "dinner" was actually lunch at the townhouse, so my Monday meals will be taken care of. Now Corey and I are talking about Linux, programs, and games - fun times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home